Tamiya connectors

TomHuytonAirsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Most guns and batteries are small tamiya connector.

• Supporters

Thanks, but why switch to deans?

They have a larger contact area and heavier gauge contacts. This gives a better current flow resulting in better trigger response. Plus Tamiya connectors require a special crimping tool to fit, whereas the Deans just need soldering.

i more prefer TX-60 because the have more grip by unplugging.

only most of the batt chargers who can load differend types have deans. but for that i have a adapter made by myself

• Supporters

It depends, guns with full stocks with the battery inside often have large tamiya connectors.

But yeah, Deans are the way forward.

i more prefer TX-60 because the have more grip by unplugging.

only most of the batt chargers who can load differend types have deans. but for that i have a adapter made by myself

Funnily enough my mate who is a 1:6th scale RC geek is telling mt to change to TX-60 plugs & is offering to do it for me.

They are fully water proof as well.

• Supporters

AH! you mean XT60 connectors. They look pretty good actually. You'd have to make an adaptor for your charger and you'd never be able to lend out a battery but yeah....why not?

• Supporters

At the voltages we use, it doesn't matter if they're waterproof.

AH! you mean XT60 connectors. They look pretty good actually. You'd have to make an adaptor for your charger and you'd never be able to lend out a battery but yeah....why not?

wrong ;) i also have diferent adapters with me so i can use others batt and share my batt

My mate has offered to make me an adapter so I can use it with my charger. It's good having a tame geek as a mate lol

• Supporters

My mate has offered to make me an adapter so I can use it with my charger. It's good having a tame geek as a mate lol

Yeah, until you need to borrow a battery and realise it's a different adapter that way round and/or until you fuck something up and can't get hold of him the night before a skirmish...

Just get some wire, solder, one of these, and a £10 soldering iron; watch some YT, and have a practice. Then buy some Deans connectors from here and 1m* x 3mm transparent heat shrink from here (or be snazzy and get 500mm each of black and red) and DIYFS.

*Because you will balls it up at least once...

Yeah, until you need to borrow a battery and realise it's a different adapter that way round and/or until you f*ck something up and can't get hold of him the night before a skirmish...

Just get some wire, solder, one of these, and a £10 soldering iron; watch some YT, and have a practice. Then buy some Deans connectors from here and 1m* x 3mm transparent heat shrink from here (or be snazzy and get 500mm each of black and red) and DIYFS.

*Because you will balls it up at least once...

Yeh That's the reason I think I will turn down his offer, I'm severely colour blind so I dont go anywhere near electric or electronic work.

but your right not being able to borrow a battery when in need would totally make things go breast's north

• Supporters

Connectors only plug in the right way, doh!

Even colour blind you'll be able to tell the difference between what we call red and black, right?

They have a larger contact area and heavier gauge contacts. This gives a better current flow resulting in better trigger response. Plus Tamiya connectors require a special crimping tool to fit, whereas the Deans just need soldering.

This. Both XT60 and Deans are better conductors. XT60 is basically a more modern Deans connector. Deans are much more common in airsoft than XT60. XT60 are a little easier to solder due to the terminals being a socket.

The advantages of a mini Tamiya are that they dont require soldering (you dont need a special crimper, needle nose pliers will do fine) and are small.

Personally I would advise going with Deans or XT60. I run Deans on all my stuff but I'd probably swap over to XT60 if I could be arsed (which I cant).

Yeah Deans all the way. Ok you have to shell out for the soldering iron, solder, shring wrap etc but you won't look back and once you have the gear you can do all the connector/wire work you heart desires. Plus every self-respecting man must own a soldering iron :-)

why not make a mark with something sharp on the plastic connectors so you can feel the right way to plug them in? may help :)

Connectors only plug in the right way, doh!

Even colour blind you'll be able to tell the difference between what we call red and black, right?

Sorry guys I forgot all about this thread.

Being colour blind I've just never gone anywhere near wiring etc so my knowledge is literally zero. I often am good at learning stuff but being honest I just play it safe & stay well away.

Maybe I should start to learn this stuff. my mind taken up with Mountain Bikes, Bass guitar & Random stuff. Electrical wiring is just something I have very little concept of how it works

Archived