Samoon.com.tw

proffrink

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Official reseller of GHK everything. Anyway, I was in dire need of some proper green gas mags, and apparently their gen 2 ones are proving to be pretty competitive (apparently hands-down beating reliability when compared to the ProWin mags, anyway).

So I initially made an order, and, being the idiot I am, I managed to buy 5 of the wrong magazines. Realising my mistake the next morning, I immediately rattled off a PM and has a reply back from Samoon himself after 3 hours saying that they'd cancelled the order and that it had all been refunded.

Anyway, I then went on to re-order 6 of the gen 2 M4 magazines - the order came to $365 shipped (so that's $65 postage - not cheap, but not expensive given the weight of the order).

Dispatch was fast; the package was sent out within 6 hours, and, I'd been told that they'd thrown in a t-shirt and some high viscosity silicone too - the combined value of which would have been ~$15, so it was a nice thought.

It was shipped with EMS and although I initially couldn't get any shipping information to display, a quick e-mail to Samoon revealed there was a 2nd, more reliable tracking website that was well updated and showed every stage of the journey (including the customs process). From the checkout to my door, I'd say it was exactly 6 days (two of those being the weekend) - on something that did require duty payment, I was pretty chuffed. The whole thing was packaged nicely too.

All in all, a big thumbs up from me. I know of people on Gasguns who swear by this website for various GHK replacements (ask Samoon and he'll provide prices for every last bit) and although I was buying for my G&P, I'm pretty content with the knowledge that if something goes wrong, I'll have somewhere to easily buy replacements (something I cannot say so easilly about ProWin or G&P brand mags).

• 2 months later...

I've bought from them as well - got the G5 carbine kit, 1 joule nozzle, and a pair of mags from them - all arrived within about a week. Also got them to add a spare speed loader adapter, which they let me have for free.

Some say they are effectively GHK, don't know about that, but they do give great service and good prices.

• 3 months later...

I recently placed a big order with them, it took them a few days to process the order, but once the item was shipped it landed in the UK within 24 hours, Customs took another week to clear and ParcelFarce took three days to inform me about the charges, but thats not samoon's fault.

The items were really well packaged and the customs declaration were well below retail prices so ended up paying a little less VAT than I was expecting. Very Please so far 8/10

Now any moron can take money and post stuff out, the real test of a dealer is how they handle issues.

One of my gas magazines came out of the box with a broken feed lip, the smashed parts were in the polythene bag and the box was undamaged and sealed, I can only assume that this was a breakage at the factory and not by samoon or customs. 5/10

I scoured their website and found very few contact details, something im usually very cautious of from UK websites. I found their Facebook page and sent them a message direct, a practice I generally abhor, but when in rome .... 2/10

8 hours later, they send a message back in quite good english, saying the new feed lip was in the post to me with a working tracking number. 5 working days with a weekend in the middle and a new feel lip pops through my door. 9/10.

Very impressed with the company, the site and their service, I will not be hesitating to use them again, shipping was expensive, but it came half way across the globe in less than 24 hours, so I cant quibble at that.

Overall 9/10, Highly recommended!

• 3 months later...

Samoon are an awesome shop to buy from. I got my G5 + 6 extra mags from them a while back for roughly the same price as I'd seen just the G5 advertised for in the UK. I have also purchased further mags from them and parts with no issues. They are very helpful and knowledgeable, they also understand our customs and VAT charging system which helps reduce un-necessary fees. AND I got free gifts with most of my purchases ranging from GHK oil (best I've used) to a tasty G5 t-shirt! :-)

• 5 years later...

I'm currently dealing with Samoon in relation to a fault with my order. I have ordered a muzzle brake, foregrip, gooseneck and extended charging handle. There are definite issues with 2 of the 4 items and I've highlighted a potential third issue but I've requested further information to determine if it's an actual fault or not. With the exception of the grub screws on the charging handle clarification was sought on product spec's for each product prior to ordering to try ensure that they would be fit for purpose.

The locating bolt on the gooseneck is too large and as such doesn't fit despite being advertised as for picatinny rails. The 24mm thread on the muzzle brake is damaged/poor so it won't fit and when attempting to use the supplied adaptor for fitment it will not accept the locking pin to secure it as the grooves/indentations are about 2/3rds of the size they should be in order to fit. The grub screws for the charging handle are identical in length when one should be slightly longer than the other, at least in the real product (this is the one I've requested clarification on).

I've offered to supply them with photo's supporting my fault claims and I've been nothing but polite with them but so far the replies received boil down to "we've never had a fault before so the fault lies with you" and similar responses, escalating to patronising/insulting.

So far I'm very unimpressed and I can see this escalating to a PayPal dispute. I made it clear from the outset that I was looking for an amicable solution but the service has been stand offish and unprofessional so far.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.