'Guess the quote' game!

Airsoft-Ed

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I've been playing this on a Facebook group for literally hours, it's quite good fun and you get to know what people's tastes are when it comes to films/gaming, I guess it wouldn't hurt to include lines from TV shows, or maybe even songs as well.

The idea is; someone quotes something, then the other people have to guess what it's from.

Then the person who guesses correctly submits their own quote for people to guess.

For example, if I say;
"Nothing takes five minutes"

Then the next person would say "Black Hawk Down" and then a quote of their own from a different thing.

Also, I think it ought to be fairly obvious, but don't look up the quote, that's boring! Wait until someone comes along who actually knows it. Or if it goes stagnant for ages, just post a new quote.

So to get the ball rolling, my quote is:

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Lawrence Fishburne in The Matrix

Remember what the general said; we're the cavalry. It would be bad form to arrive in advance of schedule. In the nick of time would do nicely.

"A bridge too far"

"We can avert war between our nations. Just two of us.

No politicians, no money changing hands. Just two soldiers speaking the truth."

Battlefield 3, Dimitri Mayakovsky/Dima ;)

"The more things change, the more they stay the same; boundaries shift; new players step in; but power always finds a place to rest it's head"

Battlefield 4

"An idea is like a virus. Resilient. Highly contagious. And even the smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define or destroy you."

Inception?

"Man that's what I love about those high school girls, I get older, they stay the same age"

• Supporters

Dazed and Confused

"Yeah, yeah, you should quote me on it, you know what, you should definitely quote me on it, this whole thing comes down to pussy! Look, if you take the Republican Guard and comp their asses for a week in Vegas, no fucking war!"

Battlefield 3, Dimitri Mayakovsky/Dima ;)

"The more things change, the more they stay the same; boundaries shift; new players step in; but power always finds a place to rest it's head"

Thats not the jackal from far cry 2, is it?

Thats not the jackal from far cry 2, is it?

You couldn't be more wrong... unless they ripped off this quote/this quote was ripped off by the makers of the game this is from...

Band of Brothers

"Thing is Bob, it's not that i'm lazy, I just don't care"

Office Space

Guarantee you fuckas will copy & paste this straight into Google but anyway:

"That last night at home, you think about how you could of been a better dad, a better husband, that bedtime story you should of read, or that anniversary you forgot. You don't expect your family to understand what you're doing. You just hope they understand you're doing it for them, and when you get home you hope you can pick-up right where you left off."

I work in a cinema and when I googled that quote I had never heard of the film or any of the cast!

• Supporters

Going by what people have said, is it Act of Valour?

I haven't seen it but I know the acting was terrible because they used actual veterans instead of actors.

Act of valor, cpt dumbass finally jogged my memory

"Are you, like, a crazy person?"

"I am quite sure that they will say so"

I had a couple of others but no one would've ever gotten them.

Edit: goddamn ninja lol

• Supporters

V for Vendetta!

Best fucking film ever.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

Watchmen, rawshank,

epic film also

"Come on you apes, you want to live forever!"

Rico starship troopers

"now you're outside,let my voice be your guide. Keep a steady stride. Into the further you go"

insidious.

"Do you know, the definition of insanity?"

Far Cry 3, nutty guy in the red tank top, I forget his name.

"I'm reloaded! Okay? Come on in here, you mother f*ckers! Come on, I'm waitin' for ya! What, you ain't comin' in? Okay, I'm comin' out! Oh, you up against me now, mother f*ckers! I'm gonna blow your f*ckin' brains out! You think you're big time? You gonna f*ckin' die big time! You ready? HERE COMES THE PAIN!"

googled that one and never heard of it :( lets see whos a real nerd...

Six men came to kill me one time and the best of them carried this. It's a Callahan fullbore autolock, and double cartridge thorough-gage. It's my very favourite gun.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.