new to airsoft

Mrtenpin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i have seen allot of people with HELP articles, and I thought I may as well post one myself. I own a two tone "bb gun" and its pretty fun to shoot, I currently play paintballing and I just find it lacks the realism I want. so I am going to be getting myself into airsoft, the problem is im 15, 16 in April and my parents don't think its something i will stick with... im not even sure what i need if im honest, i do have soldier 95 kit, the whole nine yards, hydration kit, boots, uniform, webbing, pouches, utility pouches. but i do feel like i could do with updated kit. and i also want to get myself some airsoft kit. so because I don't have my parents "blessing" im going to be obtaining the money through work, Sunday jobs and selling stuff. so if anyone has any kit they are selling, guns they are selling heck even parts they are selling please let me know. if anyone has any advice please tell me and if anyone knows where I can get kit from please tell me. many thanks in advance.

the two "bb guns" i own are m14 and sm6 hunter, i have posted other posts but i figured i could just post everything in one.

First off you can't buy any RIFs or Two Tones until you are 18, either off the forums or from a retailer, either in the UK or abroad (read Hong Kong!). Your parents could buy you another two tone, but from the sound of it they won't help, so you're really stuck with hiring from a site if you want to play with a RIF, rather than your existing two tones.

As to kit, it sounds like you have the essentials, so until you are really sure that you want to continue with airsoft I would stick with what you have in DPM, and only change to other kit (e.g. Multicam) once you are really hooked on the game (should not take long!!) :-) For now, keep the money you earn to pay site fees, ammo, transport, etc., although maybe get yourself a decent gun slip if you don't already have one for each rifle.

they would happily buy me the airsoft guns if i give them the money, but yeah i mite just be better of hiring them.

Honestly I know it's really tempting and great to get new gear.I personally I am always wanting to buy new stuff for airsoft but when you're a beginner I think you should stick with the DPM stuff you already have.

As RR01 said you could use the money to actually play airsoft because my problem is I spend money on stuff to play airsoft with...then I don't have money to go airsofting anyway :/

I'm only 16 and need a job so at the moment I don't have the money to go and spend on a whole new loadout that I don't really need.

I would suggest Flecktarn is probably the best website for gear (for example there is a tan Bulle chest rig for around £25 which has two utility pouches and a triple magazine pouch on it -don't think they are removable) or pro airsoft supplies do Condor rigs starting from about £28 or £30.

In my opinion I would say it's a good idea to buy gear that is OD green or tan coloured as if you do decide to change your loadout in the future and have a different camo then if will look better (e.g. An OD rig would look good with DPM and MTP or MultiCam but if you got a DPM chest rig it won't look good with MTP or MC camo...just my opinion though)

If you haven't already seen there is a want to buy and want to sell section so you could look on there for things you want. There are some really good deals on there from time to time too.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

This hobby is dame expensive. Lucky for most of us were men who work full time so can afford stuff. I would just stick to the kit you have hire a gun from a site and just enjoy it for a while. Once your older working bit more and know this hobby is for you, go crazy like the rest of us. Good luck.

Jay

Surrey Viper Squad

www.TeamSVS.co.uk

• Supporters

This is my guide to getting going by spending the least amount necessary.

Feel free to ask any questions. Don't buy anything that costs more than a tenner before asking people on here for their opinion of it. Never buy anything from a website with "bbguns" in the name, no matter how much of a bargain it appears to be, because you will be ripped off or farked over one way or another.

Once you have begun airsofting you can legally manufacture a Realistic Imitation Firearm, which is legalese for paint your bright coloured guns to look like real ones, or take any bright paint off them. The usual threshold which is applied to determine whether someone is or is not a skirmisher and therefore has a defence specified in the Act against prosecution under the VCRA, is that a person should have played 3 game days in not less than 2 months and not more than 1 year. This threshold however has a dubious legal status. As a responsible forum we do suggest however that you do not simply go once and then spray your guns black, because that is asking for trouble.

TBH you may find that your current guns are not up to the job. There is quite a difference between a lot of BB Guns and skirmishable airsoft guns. If you can give us links to show us your current guns, so we can get the specs, we will be able to advise you better.

I will find the links for the two guns i own, and as for kit I will stick with what I own, it is sturdy kit. i used it for cadets and it held up pretty well.

Stick with the DPM, It's better suited to British Woodland. It's what it was designed for.MTP looks 'cool' and 'modern' but it was only introduced to save money on having to provide separate uniforms for different regions.

• Supporters

Stick with the DPM, It's better suited to British Woodland. It's what it was designed for. MTP looks 'cool' and 'modern' but it was only introduced to save money on having to provide separate uniforms for different regions.

fixed

Archived