Newbie question on Grenades/launchers

Dutch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

What the hell is this all about?! Are you saying to me that I can get an M203 an start launching grenades at positions/people? How does that work with scoring etc? Are they just flash bangs or do they have BBs inside? Sorry if it's a dumbass question....But I'm a dumbass newbie so expect sum more! :P :P :P

They act like a shotguns, in the way that they painfully shower people with BBs. You can get different types of shells, such as ones which fire powder to visually impair opponents and shells which hold 3 rubber balls and launch them. These are generally used for anti-in game vehicle work though.

There is a type of shell in Russia which acts like a real one in the way that it lobs the top 50m or so and explodes with a little amount of force. Probably would be illegal to import and not allowed in skirmishes though.

Damn Russians get all the good toys :P

• Supporters

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Well other than how do I get a ukara licence.

To answer your question most grenade launchers are actually like oversized shotguns. You load them with gas and some bbs and they shower out when fired.

ICs has made a new type that includes explode on impact, smoke and timed projectiles however they are unlikely to be allowed in the UK. The Russians are their main market and basically anywhere else with very relaxed H+S regulations.

There are mortars used by various sites and Tlsfx (? Close enough) sell one that fires pyro but use will probably be limited at most sites.

Some people make something along the howitzer/artillary lines by using compressed gas or an over sized spud gun ( YouTube is your friend they aren't that hard to make) and fire anything from tennis balls to nerf footballs that give a nice whistle as they drop towards you.

I hope that clears up your question

I have an M203 on my HK416.

Gas powered grenade inside that looks like the real thing. However, the grenade stays in the launcher and fires BBs as already mentioned by others. Mine has a range of about 20m and its very useful for taking people out behind barricades and low cover as the BB shower lobs on to them.

There is no such thing as a stupid question. Well other than how do I get a ukara licence.

To answer your question most grenade launchers are actually like oversized shotguns. You load them with gas and some bbs and they shower out when fired.

ICs has made a new type that includes explode on impact, smoke and timed projectiles however they are unlikely to be allowed in the UK. The Russians are their main market and basically anywhere else with very relaxed H+S regulations.

There are mortars used by various sites and Tlsfx (? Close enough) sell one that fires pyro but use will probably be limited at most sites.

Some people make something along the howitzer/artillary lines by using compressed gas or an over sized spud gun ( YouTube is your friend they aren't that hard to make) and fire anything from tennis balls to nerf footballs that give a nice whistle as they drop towards you.

I hope that clears up your question

Hmmm, stupid question = How do I get my UKARA licence...Already asked that one! ;) They must be a frickin nightmare in indoor CQB, talk about game changer!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

Heard of a guy who ran around a dark CQB area with nothing more than an ICS rotary grenade launcher, a bandolier with £200 worth of shells in and some pyros. He pretty much destroyed the opposition according to a mate of mine who played against him.

They're pretty quiet compared to AEGs as well so he just ninja'd away for the whole game :D

• Supporters

Oh they're not quiet! I have an EGLM on the SCAR and it's HILARIOUS fun! My good buddy Alex (malex750 on here) has the ICS 6 barrelled jobber and the look of fear on peoples faces as he rounds the corner in CQB games is a joy to behold! But yeah...they make a pretty decent "fwump" kind of noise as you ruin someones day. Brilliant things, everyone should try them!

• Supporters

Quick note:

The ICS Tag grenades... the timed ones are legal in the UK.

Patrol Base had some in, there's a video somewhere of them test firing them on their indoor range. Custom order though, I was told.

• Supporters

You reckon you could get one underslung on a Styer?! :D

Unlikely but you MIGHT get one of these to fit: http://www.socomtactical.net/airsoft-accessories-ammo/custom-parts/3-in-1-m203-short.html

Had been looking at these recently if you want a mini version:

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/deuce-airsoft-double-barrel-launchermhtm#.UwQe-2J_u0Q

theres also a single barrel version, Goblin Solo.

I'm really tempted to get one

Another really short launcher is this one http://www.airsoftworld.net/s-thunder-metal-grenade-launcher-short.html

Quick note:

The ICS Tag grenades... the timed ones are legal in the UK.

Patrol Base had some in, there's a video somewhere of them test firing them on their indoor range. Custom order though, I was told.

They may be legal, but persuading a site to allow you to shoot them at people may be different. Could be something the organisers of milsims might use though to simulate Mortars etc.

• Supporters

Not hugely different from this thing though:

If F&O are going to allow that thing to get used, then I can't imagine the timed Tag grenades being that hard to justify. They might travel faster and weigh more I guess, but from the video Patrol Base did I don't think they looked that dangerous.
No worse than a Mk5 pea grenade.

F&O are probably the most strict airsoft outfit there is when it comes to pyro rules and insurance, so if they're happy with that thing, I think there'll be a fair few places that will allow them.

If my regular do then I might have to get a UGL for my L85...

http://www.patrolbase.co.uk/airsoft-shotguns-and-grenade-launchers/deuce-airsoft-double-barrel-launchermhtm#.UwQe-2J_u0Q

Another really short launcher is this one http://www.airsoftworld.net/s-thunder-metal-grenade-launcher-short.html

They may be legal, but persuading a site to allow you to shoot them at people may be different. Could be something the organisers of milsims might use though to simulate Mortars etc.

I've been eyeing up the goblin for a while......I cant think of a use for it but it looks so cool

Oh they're not quiet! I have an EGLM on the SCAR and it's HILARIOUS fun! My good buddy Alex (malex750 on here) has the ICS 6 barrelled jobber and the look of fear on peoples faces as he rounds the corner in CQB games is a joy to behold! But yeah...they make a pretty decent "fwump" kind of noise as you ruin someones day. Brilliant things, everyone should try them!

i'll play sniper

oelegem016.jpg

(M203 was only for photo moment under L96)

think there's rails that you can clamp on an exposed barrel thou? that would fit the aug.

played a game or two with pistol and s-thunder handheld launcher. annoying as hell to be honest. the moment you decide that its time to use it you pull the trigger and "fiiz" goes the little gas that is left >:(

• 2 weeks later...

My site currently has game types where we have a LAW which fires smokes which also explode, still in the teething stage but it's quite cool, however it does fire quite fast so we have to be careful with it. A UGL version of this would be awesome (up until you get hit it the head)

Archived