HELP! m14 or p90

Mrtenpin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so yeah, i know they are both different ends of the line, ones a marksmen rifle the other is CQB but I am not sure what one to get, as im only 15/ coming up16 and i don't have the licenses to own a full black one, it has to be two tone. so if i was to get either gun, what would you guys recommend i get for a camo tape, green, olive, pink*don't even know why im considering this*, soldier 95 dpm, urban camo, or they do a grey tiger camo. can you guys let me know what you think i should get for a new set up, i already have one model of the m14, but its a single shot spring rifle, im looking at upgrading to an AEG semi auto, but do you think i should just stick with single shot spring? thanks for any advice you guys give.

1. There are no licences for airsoft. Only defences.

Trust me, the difference is huge. If the UKARA registration is seen as a license rather than a defense our hobby would seem more closed and terrorist-y.

2. You can tape a gun up to make it more camouflage but it has to come off after any skirmish you tape it up in- it can't be permanent because this would break the VCRA 2007.

3. You can't really skirmish any cheap springers as they'll probably break or not perform as well as any of the more expensive guns. Way I see it you have a couple of options:

• If you truly want an M14, save £130 up and get yourself a Cyma M14. They're shoddily made Chinese clones but they shoot well. Alternatively you could save £210 and get a G&P M14- G&P guns are top of the range in terms of external quality however on the whole they won't shoot as well
  • Save up £130 and get a G&G combat machine M4. There are many, many (oh so many) aftermarket parts and internal upgrades for M4s, a veritable smorgasbord compared to what's available for M14s. G&G CM guns shoot well and are well made, ask anyone who's had the pleasure of owning one
  • If you're after a P90 the only sensible ones are G&G, King Arms and Tokyo Marui P90s, and you're paying over £200 for something that's very uncomfortable for long armed guys to use.

In conclusion: M14 at your peril, P90 at the despair of your wallet; and G&G CM for quality and savings.

thanks, do you have any links to anywhere that sells m4's? I will probably end up getting one, i know that allot of people use them, and i have seen people with insane mods on them, so i will look into it. thanks for the info btw

Here.

(on a more serious note ZeroOne airsoft, the first link on the search, do free 2 toning and give away a free skirmish voucher with many of their guns. M4 mags are very cheap compared to M14 and P90 mags, and they're a lot easier to deal with- some manufacturers make their guns to take their own magazines so you can't buy them cheap of their competitors. M14 mag pouches are a bastard to find cheap as well)

thanks, and yeah i have found one seller that ships from the US for m14 mag pouches, and mags... there like 20 pounds a pouch and 15 for a mag.

It entirely depends on the manufacturer of M14 though- G&G M14s only take G&G and King Arms mags and G&P only take G&P and Cyma mags. You could pretty much be buying either and not know.

£20 a pouch? Bulle Tactical, based in the UK, make gear and pouches that are ridiculously cheap for their quality. It's like £7 for a 7.62mm size mag pouch and you don't have to pay exorbitant US postage, import fees, tax etc.

Don't know why you're looking at US retailers. There are loads of airsoft websites for the UK. Patrol Base, LWA, PAS, AW, SOF, Z1, JD Airsoft...etc (TaiwanGun and gunfire.pl in Poland too)

I agree with TacMasters advice completely, Flecktarn.co.uk are very good for gear / pouches and things. As are proairsoftsupplies and UKTactical in my opinion (but they sell all mil-spec real steel quality stuff by Condor and WAS so are more expensive)

Actually I think that UKTactical may still have a sale on for OD and Tan stuff. I got a triple M4 magazine pouch a couple weeks back for £7.50! (£13.45 including delivery though)

M14s are pretty popular guns, never used one myself, the G&G Combat Machine M4s however are really widely regarded as being excellent guns because of their quality at the lower price, so they are especially good for beginners. Literally everyone seems to recommend them to any new player so they must be pretty good. I would say go to a local airsoft shop if you can as being able to try out something before you buy is very useful!

If you do want additional magazines (although I wouldn't say they're a necessity for a beginner as you will have a hi-cap supplied with the gun) there are Airsoft Supplies and DYTAC sets on LWA (Land Warrior Airsoft) for £31.99 and £34.99 respectively. Alternatively airsoftworld do a box of 5 Beta Project mags for £22.95 or single ASG / ARES real-caps at a fiver each.

EDIT / UPDATE:

Best places for a G&G CM16 M4 (cheapest model) are:

Patrol Base (PB) £117

Zero One (Z1) £117.95

Hope this helped.

Archived