ASPUK VSR High Pressure Piston question

CaptainH
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It says it is

• "Designed for 500fps + builds"

My gun is only shooting around 290 fps and i'm waiting for a new spring to bring it around 320 because our limit here is 328 but I was wondering if I have this in a gun shooting around 320-325 will it not preform as well as it says it's designed for 500fps guns and will it increase the FPS slightly at all as well? Thanks

Stock VSR brass cylinder is fine,especially for our 1J limit. Stock spring guide is also pretty robust. The piston and sears are the only not so great parts on the VSR. You can get the piston and EZ 90 degree trigger for a indestructible build for 1J,pretty cheap too.

• Supporters

Personally I don't see the need for a new cylinder, My VSR runs fine on the stock TM one

Spring guide yes, change it for what it's worth

If you upgrade the cylinder you'll often find that you can't easily push the cylinder back to battery. There's 2 nylon spacers inside the receiver which would need filing down if it's sticky going forwards.

For me, the biggest 2 things in the pleasure of using a bolty are the 2 things you interact with: Trigger and bolt

get those set right and even if you aren't shooting straight, you still feel like your rifle is well set up.

Get an EZ trigger/Zero trigger and make sure the bolt slides easily fowards and you'll have a nice rifle.

I probably wouldn't worry about changing the cylinder, but you cant go far wrong with a metal spring guide

If its a very new vsr, you'll need an entire cylinder and content as they're now sealed so they can't be tampered with.

Personally I don't see the need for a new cylinder, My VSR runs fine on the stock TM one

Spring guide yes, change it for what it's worth

If you upgrade the cylinder you'll often find that you can't easily push the cylinder back to battery. There's 2 nylon spacers inside the receiver which would need filing down if it's sticky going forwards.

For me, the biggest 2 things in the pleasure of using a bolty are the 2 things you interact with: Trigger and bolt

get those set right and even if you aren't shooting straight, you still feel like your rifle is well set up.

Get an EZ trigger/Zero trigger and make sure the bolt slides easily fowards and you'll have a nice rifle.

Stock VSR brass cylinder is fine,especially for our 1J limit. Stock spring guide is also pretty robust. The piston and sears are the only not so great parts on the VSR. You can get the piston and EZ 90 degree trigger for a indestructible build for 1J,pretty cheap too.

I have a Snow Wolf m24 which has all the regular stuff in it. Plastic piston and spring guide etc. On the website for the VSR piston it says it works in the SW m24 so I was just making sure on here. I don't have any other VSR part in my gun that i'm aware of except I think the trigger assembly matches up with one of the VSR ones.

I'm going to be getting an ASPUK piston too. As the other guys have said, metal spring guide is worth it for the money.

For sear sets, I've seen some are pretty expensive but ASPUK do both of them for only £24 or so, but I think they are still very good quality for the price.

A recommended DIY upgrade is making barrel spacers, these can be bought but it's unnecessary as it seems a lot of people make their own and it's simple enough to do. They improve your accuracy and you can make them out of foam / clay / tape I believe, there are a lot of guides out there on how to do it.

If you have not already,order some steel sears too. Pot metal on steel/aluminium contact does not bode well.

I'd also recommend a new ASPUK hop up for it as the Snow Wolf M24 hop ups are notoriously sh*t I hear.

I'm not sure which hop up I need because when I search for the ASPUK hop up only L96 ones come up and they don't look anything like what I have now.

EDIT: I'm also looking at hop up levels. There is an A and a B. Which one is better to get?

Here's the unit for the snow wolf M24.

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4297680

Note,It also does not take the original barrel which sucks,but this is usually the issue when you go for Chinese hybrid rifles. They're moneysinks to make good performers.

Note,for the snow wolf M24,there's a version which is APS based and one is VSR based,but both SW M24 use their own Hop units. ASPUK only stock the parts for the APS version.

I'd take it down and check the trigger box to see which style it is as it could also effect your piston purchase.

Here's the unit for the snow wolf M24.

http://www.airsoftsniperparts.com/apps/webstore/products/show/4297680

Note,It also does not take the original barrel which sucks,but this is usually the issue when you go for Chinese hybrid rifles. They're moneysinks to make good performers.

Note,for the snow wolf M24,there's a version which is APS based and one is VSR based,but both SW M24 use their own Hop units. ASPUK only stock the parts for the APS version.

I'd take it down and check the trigger box to see which style it is as it could also effect your piston purchase.

The piston I've been looking at says that it works with the snow wolf m24 so hopefully it's not a problem. The hop up you linked looks entirely different compared to what I have now. Also which barrel should I get that would work with this gun?

I'm not too experienced with the Snow wolf M24 as I've yet to work on one,All I know is that there are two versions,one APS and one VSR based,and the have some proprietary parts,as you do with ACM hybrids,and why I despise them. I kind of stumped for helping here.

I'm not too experienced with the Snow wolf M24 as I've yet to work on one,All I know is that there are two versions,one APS and one VSR based,and the have some proprietary parts,as you do with ACM hybrids,and why I despise them. I kind of stumped for helping here.

Well thanks for the help anyway. I think it will all work out anyway if not then I'll find out whats wrong.

Archived