AK's - what is there, which should I buy?

Lozart
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So, having now got a SCAR and an M249, I'm getting down to the last few guns on the "stuff I use in Battlefield so must have" list.

Next up - an AK. Always liked the look of them but what I'm interested in is a short AKMSu stylee one with an UNDER folding stock. Does anyone make one? Is it crap? Can I get aftermarket bits to convert a side folder? What should I lookout for?

aaaaaand GO!

I can only talk about G&G but my AK is lovely :) good range, accuracy and build construction

I have the G&G RK104 http://www.hitguns.com/v/vspfiles/photos/GG-EGK-104-STD-2.jpg however, I have just had the G&G RIS guard installed.

I have also just seen this on PB - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152635992448975&set=a.10150177364123975.362920.167596103974&type=1&theater - its a railed dust cover for £10.99 cannot go wrong - also I know it will fit as thats pretty much my AK

So yes, I'd recommend G&G, especially their new TT's as I believe they use LCT externals?

CYMA I have read are inexpensive and built like Tanks!

I would love a TM recoil 74u however!

• Supporters

Good to know. Not a fan of the 100 series "tactical AK" type stuff but I do rather like the idea of the Beta Spetznaz but with an under folding stock. Anyone know if that's do-able?

Would the CYMA AKS-74U take the AK47S stock?

the only AK pdw I've seen that comes with an under fold stock is a "beta spetsnaz" that I have (tm clone).

generally speaking with ak, get real sword, lct, vfc, or a cyma with number 042 or higher (vfc clone). I also heard people are pleased with their G&Gs, can't confirm this.

Stay away from any tm or tm clone.

ak47-beta-specnaz-s.jpg

As said before,stay away from TM or any TM clone. Lots of screws and pot metal.

RealSword is the best of the best,1:1 scale and dimensions,hop up & internals easily the best thing out of the box you can buy. Full steel and literally bombproof.

LCT is next. LCT used to OEM the steel Inokatsu and guarder kits for the TM AK way way back. It retains a half pinned,half screwed construction. Full steel,good simple internals. Motors are a bit weak and hop up isn't great however. Pistol grips also feel a bit cheap. But otherwise,great guns.

Then VFC. Full pinned construction like the RealSword,which means many strong. Internals are alright,piston and tappet plate are weak as is the motor,usual VFC probs. Also has an aluminium,not steel barrel and isn't CED coated like LCT and RS.

Dboys probably make the best Cheap AKs external wise. Shit internals but full steel externals on most models.VFC clone,again,very many strongs.

CYMA have the best internals of all the cheap AKs. Avoid any model under 042,any number above 042 is a VFC clone. Half steel construction. Fair amount of pot metal in all the wrong places,trunnion,stock trunnion & hinges,sights and gas blocks. Internals,although requiring a little bit of tuning or a regrease are really strong and good quality. Hop up is also good too,with a fanged bucking like PDi's W hold and firefly.

Avoid:

TM and TM clones

CYMA TM clones

JG AKs(TM clones)

Pot metal Dboys(Shit)

• Supporters

OK, so starting to look like a CYMA CM045A (AKS-74U). Does anyone know if it's possible to fit this with the underfolding stock, AKMS stylee?

If not I have seen the GHK AKMSU which is quite sexual but requires many spendings...

• Supporters

Just to clarify, this will be my third in line primary or maybe secondary to the support gun so not wanting to spend huge amounts. Also looking for more "post soviet rebel nation" than out and out Motherland true life loadout!

For an under folder you have to modify the receiver. Since it's steel,you can weld and chop it up as much as you can,but it's difficult to get an underfolder on a sidefolder body. You can buy an LCT AKMSU body kit off WGC for a wallet raping price or you can try source a VFC compatible Steel under folder reciever.

• Supporters

For an under folder you have to modify the receiver. Since it's steel,you can weld and chop it up as much as you can,but it's difficult to get an underfolder on a sidefolder body. You can buy an LCT AKMSU body kit off WGC for a wallet raping price or you can try source a VFC compatible Steel under folder reciever.

Cool, that's the info I was looking for. If it's not a simple bolt on number then I'll try other options. Do you know if anyone does an AKS-74U style front end that could be swapped onto an AK47s body (for example)?

You want a tactical AK. Yes you do.

Buy a G&P tactical AK Combat, XTM rails, drum mag and you've got an RPKT.

Buy a Magpul tactical AK or Echo 1 OCW and you're sorted.

Buy an AK105, put a PBS and a Kobra sight or a PSO or maybe a mepro.

Buy a G&P tactical AK kit, buy an AK X47 charging handle, an X47 rail, XTM rails and maybe a Magpul KX3.

Buy an AK12.

• Supporters

You want a tactical AK. Yes you do.

Buy a G&P tactical AK Combat, XTM rails, drum mag and you've got an RPKT.

Buy a Magpul tactical AK or Echo 1 OCW and you're sorted.

Buy an AK105, put a PBS and a Kobra sight or a PSO or maybe a mepro.

Buy a G&P tactical AK kit, buy an AK X47 charging handle, an X47 rail, XTM rails and maybe a Magpul KX3.

Buy an AK12.

Yeah.....that's completely NOT what I want ;)

• Supporters

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell... yeah... ish.

TM and clone AK's aren't as bad as this lot are making them out to be. The CYMA internals make a gun which shoots better than the guns they were cloned from and as well or better than a lot of expensive higher spec guns - G&G Top Tech for eg OOTB do not beat the range and accuracy of an OOTB CM.028-x. Yes there are screws and yes pot metal: the .028 range have plastic receivers too - but they are surprisingly solid.

As just 1 example I once jumped off a loading dock and went straight over onto my front in a load of rubble and debris - landed on my elbow pads with my CM.028U clasped diagonally across my chest, stock extended, and rolled to absorb the momentum - thus putting a lot of strain on Sabine's stock and plastic receiver. 14 1/2 stone of me - Sabine totally fine.

Considering what you said about budget and what this gun will be for you, if I was doing the same I would buy this & this and combine the two - dead simple to do and leaving you with another very saleable tactical AK which you could sell, maybe for as much as £110-20 to recoup some of the £166.51 spent. While yours is in bits, just for the 'may as well since you're at it'-s, you could rewire with Maplin 16AWG wire, solder your motor connectors while you fit the Deans connectors and Gate PicoAB MOSFET, which should allow you to use an 11.1V stick LiPo, or better a 9.9V LiFe if you can find one which will fit under the dust cover (I haven't yet but then again I haven't put that much effort into it)

- Gearbox-wise all it really needs is a spring downgrade to an Element M105 (from Dualdealshop on fleabay for cheapest price), degreasing with alcohol or soap and water and regreasing with CT-2 silicone grease with teflon {(fleabay search it) slap loads of it all over the gears, the insides of the shell, the tappet plate, spring guide, spring, and all round the O-ring of the piston head and inside the cylinder to improve airseal and increase life of O-ring}, and shim with SHS shims (using the copper ones on the inside against each side of the gear and more teflon grease between the outside shim and bushing (which also keeps the shims on the axles as well as smoothing their spin). The rest of the box is designed to fire at approx 800 rpm with a spring power of somewhere between 120 and 130 = it will be fine with high voltage and lower spring power.

• Supporters

In fact, if you pay me £120 I will build the gun described in my above post for you. Bit on top for the postage mind because I haven't get everything I'll need in already plus it'll be £11.98 to post to you when it's finished.

My dad has a CYMA Blowback AK47,and it's amazing. Seems great quality and performance is amazing, really accurate and feels very solid. I really wish the RS Type 56 was an EBB!! I don't mind if a gun doesn't have blowback usually but on an AK it's something I'd really want.

Trust me,most EBB systems are really badly flawed in design .RealSword would have sacrificed a lot of bullet proofness in adding one on.

Although TM clone AKs are not THAT bad,but compared to what else you can get for your money(Full pinned and steel Dehboiis or Half steel Saimuh) They fall pretty short. And the pinned assembly is a godsend when taking it apart and generally keeping it together strongly

In fact, if you pay me £120 I will build the gun described in my above post for you. Bit on top for the postage mind because I haven't get everything I'll need in already plus it'll be £11.98 to post to you when it's finished.

Might have to take you up on that offer when I have the funds, I'm thinking of doing an OPFOR load out next :D

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152198591-LCKMSU-rifle-electric-replica.html

eng_ps_LCKMSU-rifle-electric-replica-115

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152198590-MG-MS-NV-assault-rifle-replica.html

eng_ps_MG-MS-NV-assault-rifle-replica-11

I always find that if you're looking for a gun you can't find anywhere, gunfire.pl will have them :D

• Supporters

Might have to take you up on that offer when I have the funds, I'm thinking of doing an OPFOR load out next :D

Prices subject to change, mate. It just so happens that I have some of the bits in already right now so I wouldn't have to source everything from scratch. But those bits are earmarked for other projects, not just lurking. Basically I'd be putting those projes on hold while I flipped the tac AK I'd be left with to re-buy them.

Oh my ballsack! Get rid of the garden hose stylee flash hider and that would be sexual :wub:

I always find that if you're looking for a gun you can't find anywhere, gunfire.pl will have them :D

+1

Edit

Oh bugger, what I actually came back for was to say: this & this on the CM.037

or this which, if it is actually a German site, will be cool re customs.

And the piece d'orgasm: this & (perhaps surprisingly, but take my word for it) this

I've just popped another iron in the fire however, which ought to be glowing by early next week, which could result in a spectacularly cheap solution, so i'll let you know if/when...

• Supporters

Check last post for edit, Loz. Some interesting info ;)

Archived