M4 trigger response

Teo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

I have had my ca m4 cqb for a few years now and it has ran well most of the time. Recently my trigger response has been terrible. When I pull the trigger, half the time the the damn thing won't fire. I cleaned the brass receptors that the trigger hits. I also put in a newer tm trigger which helped it. But the response is still bad. What could it be that makes it crap? Helllpppppp!!!!

• Supporters

Try a new battery, if you've been using the same one for a long time then it might've gotten crappy.

You could also use higher voltage batteries, a new motor, a mosfet, a weaker spring or a combination of it all to up the trigger response.

Or if you really want to delve into it, do all of that + high speed gears, short stroking the piston, swiss cheesing the piston, fitting a super snazzy mosfet like a Spectre or ASCU... You'd need to read into it all a lot really. I guess it depends how good you'd consider "good" trigger response to be.

Personally though...

I'd Polarstar it ^_^

The grease in the gearbox could be old and gummed up. Try cleaning it out completely with rubbing alcohol and regreasing with good quality viscous silicone grease.

Next is sorting out the electrics. You can rewire to lower resistance wiring,solder the wires to the motor for a more reliable connection. Next you can rewire to deans connectors instead of Tamiya,and finally use a lipo,a 7.4v would do,at 20c or 25c discharge rate. 20-25 is the amount of current most motors need to get to top speed,so it will increase response. Maybe even delve into a basic Mosfet.

Maybe even delve into gear shimming and AOE correction,if you're up to it,but better off not risking ruining your main gun.it's good to have a nice ACM to mess with internally.

In time, your first gun becomes your unreliable project gun. My MP5 is now part of my yet-to-begin DMR project. I haven't skirmished it since November, my focus has been on acclimatising to my M4 instead :)

Archived