British Airsoft Club?

Hackett
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

How do you know ? Ive yet to see a list as they havent published it yet - another week apparently which suggests the list is immature.

I believe Airsoft World might have pulled out because they didnt like the fact that its being run by another retailer.

Land warrior told me they would accept it.

Other than that, Ive no idea yet.

Personally, if I were a retailer selling Airsoft guns, I would join all of the schemes. Why exclude yourself from possible business.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I mean their actual skirmish sites, not web stores.

I don't see why retailers' sites wouldn't use it if the retail part of the business would.

I have a feeling being associated with a Red Alert Airsoft may be putting some retailers off it.

Ah I see. The skirmish sites list didn't seem too bad. Certainly my three sites are on there.

Again, cant see why they shouldn't sign especially as you don't log every game, so it doesnt overload the sites workload.

• Supporters

My local's on there too- Ill likely sign up, just depends on the retailer support (though I mainly order from abroad anyway).

I still think project Luther looks to have more potential. but there's no indication as to when it'll even be ready- BAC has some substance to it so a safer bet right at the moment :lol:

I've always felt that the one to get off the ground fastest would be the more successful and BAC looks nearly finished.

No I don't work for them or have any financial interest in them succeeding.

Nor do I know the people who have set it up.

However, I don't like monopolies or bullies.

Whichever way you look at it, UKARA is a monopoly and I feel its good to have a choice and a bit of competition.

I probably know a bit more about the behind the scenes than the average player reading this and feel its an interesting business case.

Things are rarely what they seem, so I would urge people to think for themselves and not fall prey to mob rule e.g burn the witch. Rather than question my motives, I would suggest you consider the motives of the three parties involved. Do you really believe people are going to put in huge amounts of time and personal risk in running a non profit company just for the love of Airsoft ?

Do you think UKARA are just going to sit back and watch all those £300 memberships disappear ?

Do you really think the big retailers are going to stay on the fence if a large chunk of airsofters sign up to the new schemes ?

By the way, if you still think Im unreasonably pro BAC, I haven't paid any money yet so am not convinced enough to invest in any of the schemes yet. There are a few promises on the table that I want to see materialise first.

Where is Project Luther in this ? Contrary to the opinion of a lot of you doubters, I have an open mind, but Im still waiting for them to commit and answer the basic questions that would qualify them as contenders in my mind. Theres an awful lot of, we could do this or that and whatever we do, we are going to be better than BAC !

Everyone is still waiting for the published list of signed up retailers which has been promised by next weekend.

They had a members vote for the choice of logo and democracy has picked a design - I don't like it but you'll never keep everybody happy and thats democracy for you.

The next milestone is the provision of ID cards which has been promised within a month.

Anybody on here also signed up ? - I understand if you don't want to admit it publicly !

Quite a few on the different Facebook groups seem to have joined judging from the various conversations Ive seen.

• Supporters

I've signed up but haven't paid anything, and won't be unless I feel it's worth while. If they don't get any decent retailers then it's going to be pretty much obsolete.

I view it a different way.

BAC subscription gives me a defence and allows them to sell to me. If the shop wont accept that, tough. Im the customer and they need to get with the programme.

If they don't, I will simply buy it from a retailer who will.

Reluctance on their part is purely political.

I know BAC went back to the three games at one site rule because sites wouldn't sign up unless they did. They were scared of losing their grip on newbies who might only play once at their site before trying somewhere else.

We the players are paying for BAC membership, not the sites or the retailer, so vote with your wallet.

• Supporters

I view it a different way.

BAC subscription gives me a defence and allows them to sell to me. If the shop wont accept that, tough. Im the customer and they need to get with the programme.

If they don't, I will simply buy it from a retailer who will.

If that's the case then i'll stick with ukara, it would defeat the point of luther and bac if the major retailers wont accept it.

Land warrior is good if you want a g&g or g&p m4 :lol:

If they then suffer from lack of sales they'll join up soon enough so I'll probably just wait and see what happens.

Yes but if everybody does that, the large retailers will stick with UKARA and the monopoly is maintained. Nothing changes.

If players make it clear that they should be the ones to make the choice, whether that choice be UKARA, BAC or BASA (ex Project Luther), not the retailers who are currently making the choice for you, then they will have to be more flexible.

Choice is good. BAC will allow smaller retailers to compete and we wont be stuck with having to play at the same site three times every year and having to get pieces of paper signed.

The easiest course of action for retailers already subscribing to UKARA is do nothing.

If a couple of the bigger ones play, then the UKARA only ones will be severely disadvantaged and they may rethink their position.

This is not a pro-BAC rant, its a pro-change rant.

• Supporters

I agree with you but I think this depends on the retailers either accepting this or not, I don't think the airsofters will change unless the retailers decide to do so first.

I think the new systems are better, don't get me wrong, I just don't think people will change without the retailers instigating it.

No I saw the list. However, Land Warrior told me they would accept my BAC defence so I don't know how that works.

If I contacted some of the bigger retailers wanting to spend £300-400 on a RIF, I wonder how many would turn me away.

I might have to go back to using Airsoft World who ARE on the retailers list.

Ive certainly used Swindon Airsoft who ARE ALSO on the list - good company.

• Supporters

If I contacted some of the bigger retailers wanting to spend £300-400 on a RIF, I wonder how many would turn me away.

I never said they would, I just feel that for this to take off in a big way it needs lots of support from popular retailers, it's not like when UKARA started when there was no alternative.

AW are but I've never seen them as a top tier retailer- more along the lines of action hobbies tbh but it's a start I suppose. Swindon is hardly a big player either, good company I don't deny but it's still small compared to the popular ones.

Zero one, Wolf armouries, Fire-Support, Pro Airsoft Supplies and Land warrior are all not on the list. Those 5 are the ones they need more than any others tbh, and actually allowing special airsoft supplies to join is ridiculous.

The list is long but I've not heard of most of them which doesn't bode well to be honest, they'd do better with well known retailers not niche ones or those small ones attached to skirmish sites.

Still it's a start, can only get better I suppose. I don't think it's worth my while to pay for it yet but if they get some bigger names then I'm more than open to it. I don't think Luther will get much support without the 'big 5' either to be honest, especially if they come in much later than BAC. What these schemes need is the big names to draw in the masses.

• Supporters

Ok so no major retailers, land warrior haven't joined.

Theyve also accepted special airsoft supplies, there goes the credibility....

Sorry on that new's I am out. Sticking with UKARA.

• Supporters

Give it time, it may well become the next big thing- I don't think it will, but it wont be the first time im wrong if it does :P

That's what I'm doing waiting it out, I can't be bothered to fully register etc if it's not worth it but this time next year may be another story all together.

I brought up the subject of them having special airsoft supplies on their facebook page- they have now removed them. That's a good sign I suppose... Though I think they should check out retailers first.

• Supporters

Sorry on that new's I am out. Sticking with UKARA.

Yeah that is actually a complete and utter joke. It isn't even a shop just some bell end "selling" guns from his house in Marlow, and by selling I mean generally keeping your money and then refusing to speak to you through any medium once he has it.

Archived