Sidearm Suggestions

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys I'm looking into getting my first GBB pistol and would like to hear you recommendations.

Preferably I would like them to be 1:1 scale so they could fit in a SERPA / IMI holster.

Also, extra magazines should be easily available at a reasonable price.

The ones I've looked at so far are as follows:

KJW KP-03 (good compact backup, affordable, but not sure about mags or holster choice being a 23)

£67.14 (TaiwanGun)

WE G17 (not to scale but mags can be bought pretty much anywhere, will fit in with modern loadout)

£84.49 (TaiwanGun)

ARMY R45 (mags available but all seem to be US retailers, not the best quality or finish but seems good for the price, real one was only issued to CIA so doesn't fit in with a loadout)

£52.05 (TaiwanGun)

WE M1911A1 (good quality, comes with a second magazine, not 1:1 scale?)

£99.99 (airsoftworld)

Could also consider a P226 as they seem pretty popular and could go with a special forces loadout I guess

Thanks for your help :)

I'd get yourself a nice little KJW p226, full metal, TM mag compatible (get TM mags, KJW ones develop leaks at a shocking rate).

Opens up your loadout to UKSF in the TFB era, aswell as US navy seals and quite alot of other loadouts in all honesty. They fit well in the hand also.

A mate of mine has got a TM 226 and a WE 226. He's had no issues with the WE so far although the TM hasn't been tested in a skirmish yet.

Although I have no idea if it will fit into any particular loadout, I have a TM fn 5-7. Not eveyones cup of tea but it fires brilliantly with incredible range/accuracy.

A lot of people swear by TM High-capa's too.

Just buy a TM 1911 or hi cappa, parts and mags readily available, hi cappa harder to get a holster for but 1911 serpa can be made to fit easily

Both uber reliable and will run all year round without issue

TM is the best make you'll get especially for British weather.. I have a TM P226 and its brilliant! Fired about 30m on the 29th of December while it was very cold

TM also make a railed P226. I would steer well clear of any old WE makes as their reliability is even worse than what it is now which is normally about 50/50

WE P226 is a very good sidearm. Having those rails for a tac light are really useful. It does say on the grip to be an F226 however. That's the only bad thing I can think about with that pistol :P

WE P226 is a very good sidearm. Having those rails for a tac light are really useful. It does say on the grip to be an F226 however. That's the only bad thing I can think about with that pistol :P

The rails can be got on a stock TM one and they are far more reliable

The rails can be got on a stock TM one and they are far more reliable

WE P226 is the only one I've tried so far so I can't really say. Just putting my experience into the post

Honestly thank you very much for your help. I know TM make the best pistols but they are still a lot more, I have only been into airsoft three or four years and don't get to play enough, but I can't see myself needing to use my pistol so much. Therefore I was setting a budget of around £70-£80 and £20-£25 for each magazine which is the standard price.

From Teddy's description the KJW sounds fine for my needs, and it's only £78.76.

I've seen Fire-Support has a set of TM magazine seals for £3 which said might not (so potentially could??) fit in the E2 models. Hopefully that could help alleviate a leaky mag problem on the included magazine?

Anyway I asked for suggestions and I certainly got them so thanks again, I've said it enough times I'm sure a few of you already know I don't have a job yet which is kinda embaressing to admit (I'm 16 and should be getting one already)

The point is I can't really afford one yet which is a contributing factor to my lower budget. But, if I do get a job I will be getting a significantly higher income (even in a low paying part time position) so I can see what I'm able to afford and then it will probably worth investing in the Marui.

Basically in short all I'm trying to say really is 'I'll think about it'...

• Supporters

since when is heavy a plus point?!

Also, pistols aren't something you NEED, or will even use all that often. Since it's a luxury item (they really are, you can play entirely well without a pistol) you might as well save up and wait to get one that'll be up to scratch. I cannot recommend TM pistols enough, get the hop set, put .25s in it and even in the dead of winter they'll shoot 40-50 yards accurately.

since when is heavy a plus point?!

Also, pistols aren't something you NEED, or will even use all that often. Since it's a luxury item (they really are, you can play entirely well without a pistol) you might as well save up and wait to get one that'll be up to scratch. I cannot recommend TM pistols enough, get the hop set, put .25s in it and even in the dead of winter they'll shoot 40-50 yards accurately.

So people, like myself, prefer a more realistic weight to guns

But yes, pistols are in no way an essential item.. it would be better to save up for a TM

Tm all the way. Only reason you buy anything else is you cant afford a TM

This is largely true, only exception I would say would be a KWA

Next time I'm at Patrol Base I'll ask if I can have a go with the P226 and Glock 17 they have (WE)

A bit cheeky if I'm not buying them but I don't need to shoot them just would be good to get a feel of what they're like.

On a tangent, does anyone know anything about G&G Xtreme CO2 pistols? I've been sent one with 2 mags as part of a trade (just a bolt on really, not the main part of the trade). What's the general opinion on it?

• Supporters

On a tangent, does anyone know anything about G&G Xtreme CO2 pistols? I've been sent one with 2 mags as part of a trade (just a bolt on really, not the main part of the trade). What's the general opinion on it?

They fire very hot- 400+ with no real way of lowering the fps so not really usable I'm afraid.

• Supporters

I've never owned a co2 pistol. But have been shot by them! Unfortunately they are a bitch. The guy got it through chrono by fireing 3shots quickly then a 4th into the chronograph. With the cold gas it was only about 2 fps under the 350 limit on the site. His first shot on the new bulb was at 425fps. And apparently this is the fps it does on any cylinder when it hasn't been fired recently, he promised he would fire 2 shots at the floor before shooting at anyone. In the heat of the moment he fired the first shot from a fresh mag at me from 1m away his shot hit my finger right above the nail. It smashed the fibres of my glove making a 2mm hole in my glove and I still have a scar on my finger. I don't think CO2 pistols should be skirmished unless they have an ability to control the volume and pressure of co2 delivered.

My dad and I both had Palco C02 NBBs for CQC at Halo Mill. Being hit at pretty much anywhere in there stings pretty hard for a while so I can't imagine what it'd be like if you took a 425 FPS shot from a new bulb.

Not bad pistols but due to the short time we went (usually 1-2 hours on a night as opposed to ~6 hours like an outdoor skirmish), we left the cartridges in. Bad idea.

They work fine with new mags and Halo Mill updated all their hire pistols a while back (from Palcos to S&W M&P40 replicas)

We were supposed to to and buy some of the old magazines off them but that was a long time ago now :(

Only other thing I didn't like was the long / heavy trigger pull which is exactly what I didn't want in CQC.

never had an issue with my WE f226 with rails, been great even shot really well on the 4 th jan at the asylum which was cold i shivering during the brief :)

it fits the hand well although having been a m92 guy for a long time :)

Archived