Identify this RIF, help needed

Mike1971
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

I'm trying to identify the manufacturer of this P229 GBB.

I'm needing some new magazines for it but cant find the manufacturers name anywhere on it.

As you can see by the attached photo it has all the markings of a real weapons system.

it has a all plastic body metal internals.

thanks in advance

post-7156-0-33613800-1392232125_thumb.jpg

Tanaka, or a clone of a Tanaka.
Only people I know of who make a P229 in plastic. Good luck finding mags though, the Tanaka hasn't been available for several years.

One thing though - could you get some more photos up of it? The frame looks a little bit too long to be a P229.

• Supporters

I'd put money on it being KWC, I know they make one and I know it's plastic, and they're the sort of cheaper, clone company that will miss the more specific details of certain trades, and no doubt lob some chinglish in there too.

Which would explain it saying it's a 229 when the length looks more like a 226. I believe KWC are Taiwan based as well, but I could be wrong.

Edit:
Having Googled it the KWC Sig is basically wrong in so many ways that it just can't be called a Sig anymore, so unless they make another one which is where my initial thoughts were conceived then it's probably Tanaka, as Hugh said.

Second edit:
Just looked on Action Hobbies because I remember them having a P226 ages ago by a company I'd never heard of, and it's still there; it's called the Hammerli S26. By their description it's basically the KJW version but built under license for Hammerli...
I guess it's another to cross off the list if nothing else.
http://www.actionhobbys.co.uk/Hammerli-S26-P226-Airsoft-Pistol_A17YRP.aspx#.UvvYukJ_vZc

Yea thats definitely not a TM or KWA and I think the KJW one has it on the grip so not them either.

It does also look too long to be a P229

The cocking serrations on the slide are correct for a P229 (half-height of the slide, rather than the full height of the slide - something only the P229 has).

The trigger-guard is correct for a pre-2007/non-railed P228 or P229, but the slide and frame look just a little bit too long to be either. That said, it could just be a trick of the camera.

Given that the purpose of this thread is to find the correct mags, why not post pics of the mags?

People could be arguing for weeks over who made the gun. It doesn't matter who made it if someone can say that a certain mag looks like it would fit.

• Supporters

It's unlikely it takes TM/KJW/WE/KWA mags if it isn't one of those systems.

Even across all the clones Sigs have issues with mag compatibility.

Archived