stupid question...

Sako
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got my first AGE today, however my charger hasn't turned up yet, I was giving the gun a look over and noticed that it isn't possible to pull the trigger, it feels locked like the safety is on, is this normal until a battery is connected?

Sorry for the silly question but I'm used to real firearms where it's possible to try your trigger out.

Thankyou

This might seem silly but you have tried pulling the trigger not on safe?

Assuming so, I've never had an airsoft gun that the trigger hasn't pulled without a battery so there might be an issue with the actual gun... the fact its second hand makes me think there may be an issue with the gun itself.. Have you asked the seller about it?

Tried with it selected in each mode, the battery is dead and my charger won't be here until tomorrow, he says it will just be hung up / not completed cycle and once I get the battery in and a quick burst on full auto it will sort itself out.

no such thing as stupid questions - just stupid question askers! Just kidding!

No, there is something wrong with the gun if you cant pull the trigger. how does he expect you to do a quick burst on full auto without pulling the trigger??!

he probably didn't read your enquiry properly. Because when you fire it on semi, sometimes the circle does not complete, and you need to shoot a quick burst on full auto to get it working again. This however does not affect the trigger pull.

I will not force the trigger as you might damage it further. I'd either send it back or have him pay for a mechanic to fix it... unless someone else here can suggest a solution.

Yea what he said definitely doesn't sound right.. I could understand that is it wasn't feeding or slow response but not if the physical trigger isn't moving

The best thing you can do is get a working battery in it ASAP.. if he's a scammer he'll be stalling for the paypal claims deadline

Thanks for the replies, I will get the battery charged tomorrow and see if it might allow me to pull the trigger on auto...gently I might add. Fingers crossed it bursts into life.

Well triggers in airsoft guns are basically switches so they should turn on and off even if there's no current. I hope I'm wrong though and it does just need a battery

If you can take it to a skirmish, someone will lend you a battery. There may even be someone who can tell what's wrong.

I'm away to a skirmish on the second, my charger will be here tomorrow, if it doesn't work I may just have a bash at stripping it down...hoping it won't be too difficult!

Yeah, tried a battery today, there was no response at all, the trigger is jammed solid. I have emailed the seller tonight to see what he has to say, might see if he will pay for the gun to be sent to a shop for repair.

remember to open a dispute on paypal in time. when doing so, its good idea to explain that you have done it and saying you will close it as soon as the issue been resolved.

Don't open anything up! He'll just be able to claim it was your fault

Just let the guy know whats happened. If he doesn't get back to you tomorrow open up a dispute on paypal to kick him into gear. However, try not to mention its an RIF as paypal don't cover RIFs.

Ok there is some strange news to update here, I thought I'd stick the battery back in and have another play, this time I held a small amount of pressure on the trigger and moved the selector, the trigger tried to move and there was an attempt of the gun turning over...I then tried again and it did turn over and cycle, the trigger freed up! I have successfully gone through 500 - 600 rounds now between semi and auto, and its been flawless...what the he'll was wrong with it???!!!

No congratulations yet I'm afraid, the fault cleared only short term...the trigger does move now, but the gun feels like it's struggling to turn over, it just seems to click and attempt to cycle (almost like a weak battery), but I charged it and am sure it's fine...think this needs sent to a technician to try and fix.

Seller has been in contact all day, he has worked out that it seems he has given me a beggared battery, as it only lets me fire for a few rounds then needs recharged, I have a new battery on its way, he says this will definitely be the issue, as it was an older battery he threw in with the gun for me...as always the first thing I should have checked was that the battery was healthy!

Archived