Imitation firearms? What's not to like?!

Dutch
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks, new to airsoft but looking forwad to getting involved. Probably mainly just in Hampshire sites. Looking forward to getting some games under my belt so I can start customising my kit. I need a new hobby and this one seems right up my street! Here's to fresh meat!! :D;)

Welcome to the forums (and the hobby) :)

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you based, mate? I'm up near Winchester and I frequent sites in Aldershot and near Ascot, maybe we could meet up?

Welcome to the forums (and the hobby) :)

Whereabouts in Hampshire are you based, mate? I'm up near Winchester and I frequent sites in Aldershot and near Ascot, maybe we could meet up?

Sounds good mate, I'm in Winch myself and looking for UKARA sites so I can get my hands on some one tone gear! Have been doin a lot of reading up on airsoft in general so bring it on!

Try some of the Ambush Adventures sites, they have 3 in Aldershot, 1 in Horsely, 1 in Chobham, 1 in Southampton and they even do milsims at long moor military camp's FIBUA centre.

Hopefully I'll see you at one soon :)

• Supporters

I'm also based in Winchester

It's worth coming up to Iron Sight- just your side of Andover, great site with great people and players

As Tacmaster suggested, Ambush sites are worth doing- the Southampton one is very good, UCAP bunker is also very good but can be a bit repetitive- better and evening game than a whole day IMO.

Tacmaster, out of interest, if you're in Winchester why go all the way to Aldershot to play?

I'm also based in Winchester

It's worth coming up to Iron Sight- just your side of Andover, great site with great people and players

As Tacmaster suggested, Ambush sites are worth doing- the Southampton one is very good, UCAP bunker is also very good but can be a bit repetitive- better and evening game than a whole day IMO.

Tacmaster, out of interest, if you're in Winchester why go all the way to Aldershot to play?

Cheers for that M_P, Can i get my form signed off to get a RIF by going there? Andover I mean

• Supporters

Hi there!

You boys should come and try out the Malls too for CQB silliness :) (I'm in Basingstoke by the way).

Hi there!

You boys should come and try out the Malls too for CQB silliness :) (I'm in Basingstoke by the way).

Hey Lozart, just checking out 'The Malls' in Reading, sounds frickin awesome!!

• Supporters

Hey Lozart, just checking out 'The Malls' in Reading, sounds frickin awesome!!

It is, it really is. If you can make the Thursday evening game it's quieter and less prone to non-hit takers than the weekends can get. If you can make it on the 20th - you can even meet me! :D

• Supporters

It is, it really is. If you can make the Thursday evening game it's quieter and less prone to non-hit takers than the weekends can get. If you can make it on the 20th - you can even meet me! :D

Been toying with the idea of doing a Thursday game as I've never been and it's only a 20 odd minute drive for me. I've seen some people suggest taking a torch, is this necessary? :)

• Supporters

Been toying with the idea of doing a Thursday game as I've never been and it's only a 20 odd minute drive for me. I've seen some people suggest taking a torch, is this necessary? :)

Yes. SO very necessary. The back stairs from the shops are pretty dark and some nights they turn the lights out for the last game...

• Supporters

Yes. SO very necessary. The back stairs from the shops are pretty dark and some nights they turn the lights out for the last game...

Yeah I heard that there was the odd game where they turn the lights out. Personally I found it a bit off putting as I would want an integrated flashlight and it is pretty far down on my shopping list :(

• Supporters

Yeah I heard that there was the odd game where they turn the lights out. Personally I found it a bit off putting as I would want an integrated flashlight and it is pretty far down on my shopping list :(

There's plenty of guys there with maglites taped on!

The other option is just to find someone that looks like they know where they're going and who has a torch and stick with them!

There's plenty of guys there with maglites taped on!

The other option is just to find someone that looks like they know where they're going and who has a torch and stick with them!

I take it head torches are permitted? Alternatively I've got a foot long maglite I could tape to the barrel an use it to break down doors!

Dude! The website say's the 20th is fully booked! :(

I take it head torches are permitted? Alternatively I've got a foot long maglite I could tape to the barrel an use it to break down doors!

Hi, I'm in Eastleigh. I usually play at the bunker in Portsmouth. It's really dark down there being underground. The first time I went they laughed at me for wearing a head torch. The reason being most head torches have 3 different settings and if takes too long to turn it off and on. Also people tend to shoot for the light when you can't see past the light, it's like putting a target on your head.

The night games are a good introduction to airsoft, give it a go.

• Supporters

Dude! The website say's the 20th is fully booked! :(

Gutted. They do have some walk on places but it's strictly first come first served. Find them on Facebook (Zed Adventures) and ask Emile Belcourt (head marshal) when you should turn up - assuming you want to give it a go!

Gutted. They do have some walk on places but it's strictly first come first served. Find them on Facebook (Zed Adventures) and ask Emile Belcourt (head marshal) when you should turn up - assuming you want to give it a go!

Have emailed the facebook group. Hoopefully Emile will get back to me in time.

Cheers mate

Archived