Bringing a RIF into the UK as a non-UK citizen Part II

scotzi
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello and apologies if this appears to be a duplication from a previous strand....

I have read through loads of literature on the above mentioned subject, and am often led in circles...

I am currently in Germany and whilst they also "appear" to have rigid laws on airsoft and blank guns, the confusion here in Germany is somewhat stunning.

For instance: all German weapons are to have a F in the pentagon symbol to indicate that the weapon satisfies German state law, yet many NATO member state employees bring their own airsoft and blank pistols with nothing of the sort on their personal airsoft/blank guns. From what I am told, and have read, this is common as each region varies in its observance of the airsoft laws. Moreover, it is not uncommon to see various stores on NATO facilities selling airsoft and paintball, and blanks, without this F in the Pentagon symbol....

Nevertheless, and more to the point, I am a licensed firearms instructor, a member of various shooting ranges, but I do not yet hold the golden UKARA certificate/membership. I am relocating back to the UK on a permanent basis very soon, and have a pretty sizeable collection of airsoft as it is much cheaper than purchasing live ammunition (9mm, .223 etc etc)....

Moreover, I have been aboard the P&O ferries and the DFDS and I have read a previous thread that suggests one might not even be searched for airsoft etc...I belive that to be true given my own experience, but I will not "smuggle" airsoft into the country - Im simply not that type of fella and to get caught doing so would make one look to be a right arse in my own humble opinion.

I also am aware of the 3 times 2 months UKARA membership rule....but obviously I am not yet in country. I also have been informed that one is not permitted to do 3 days in a row to gain membership (something I considered as I will be there to purchase property soon). This being the case, it appears I will be severly challenged to gain UKARA membership previous to the move.

This all being said, I would ask if my memberships and firearms instruction certificates might satisfy customs, where I will then gain membership to UKARA ASAP upon relocation? I have a pretty nice collection of RIFS and need to find a proper and legal way to bring these to the UK........

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!

The UKARA defence isn't the only you can use to justify the purchase of a RIF- if you have photo evidence of yourself playing airsoft at a skirmish site or you have a skirmish diary signed by marshals/organisers of airsoft events then they'd be fine as well.

Thanks TacMaster...however, I assume that photo evidence would have to be myself, in the UK, or a UK organiser of an airsoft event? And again, the RIFS are being imported......and not purchased in the UK....Also, I do know that many people from the continent often bring airsoft in for skirmishes, then return back to France, Germany etc etc....so there must be a way of bringing these in legally.....Thanks to any future posts in advance:)

Thanks TacMaster...however, I assume that photo evidence would have to be myself, in the UK, or a UK organiser of an airsoft event? And again, the RIFS are being imported......and not purchased in the UK....Also, I do know that many people from the continent often bring airsoft in for skirmishes, then return back to France, Germany etc etc....so there must be a way of bringing these in legally.....Thanks to any future posts in advance:)

a defence such as a ukara is just to prevent the wrong people getting hold of airsoft guns, if you can prove you airsoft and use them for what they are meant to then it is completely legal for you to have them in the uk (as long as you are over 18 which i presume you are)

You need to prove 2 things:

1: You are an airsofter- photo's/video/site memberships etc. doesn't matter where in the world you usually airsoft it just proves that your reason for having the guns is valid.

2: You are bringing the RIF into the UK for airsofting (printout of email booking confirmation)

Chances are no-one will stop you, just have those things ready just in case.

Cheers for all this Russe and Charlie...I can easily book airsofting as I am aware of the various locations where I shall be and plenty of documentation to show that I am in fact an airsofter....I really am just trying to be as careful as possible, do the correct things that need doing, and not lose the airsoft materials for something I could have remedied.....

Cheers for all this Russe and Charlie...I can easily book airsofting as I am aware of the various locations where I shall be and plenty of documentation to show that I am in fact an airsofter....I really am just trying to be as careful as possible, do the correct things that need doing, and not lose the airsoft materials for something I could have remedied.....

Archived