The Ideal Airsoft Site

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I understand that my opinion can be considered an expert or very important, I still here for long and I am not representative of the target audience poll, but still.
Here is an example of the main Russian site on the topic ( green conference)
Easy navigation
there is information on key shopping
common topics on the subjects of maintenance and repair guns
discussion of the equipment
section buy/sell divided into sections ( expensive rifles/cheaper/pistols/repair/equipment)
information for reenactors and key blocks and unions ( British block is a group of commands interested in Her Majesty's army)
Information about the games broken down into regions of Russia.
As a result all the information about airsoft you can get in one place.
Stated contacts on similar sites (Ukraine,Belarus)
Users: 25730

For me it would have to have a good mixture of buildings and woodland. CQB area's and area's suited for sniping. Something that caters for every style of Airsofter and as many varied game styles as possible.

If we're just talking in game stuff (and not bogs, plenty of seating in the safe zone, selection of food, good shop) then for me it'd have to be a big CQB site with plenty of variation in terms of room size, lighting, some outside sections, plenty of places to set up ambushes and multiple ways in and out of each floor. An old hotel would be perfect, especially if there was a working lift...........

I think the thing is though designing a decent CQB site from scratch would be nigh on impossible as you're always limited to the contraints of the building you're using. You've got way more scope with woodland as you can add to it, build villages etc. I genuinely think Tac House is about as perfect a CQB site as you can get. If they added more to the outside (there was suggestion of a shanty town) and they could deploy players from one end of the building to the other in the vancopter it'd be perfect in my eyes.

• Supporters

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh BOLLOCKS! I just wrote one of my essays describing the sine qua non of airsoft sites and lost it all to fucking Windows Updates V^^Vgrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I'm so sulking I may never come back to this thread :(:angry::wacko::unsure::blink::angry::angry:

A beach with sand dunes?

You could do D Day style stuff or battle along the beach with the ability to dig in and make your own defences. Inside the dunes you have lots of ambush possibilites, sniper locations etc. and very little cover. If the land then progressed to some woodland and/or industrial areas as you go inland you would get an awesome variation.

Imagine how hard it would be to find an objective somewhere in some sand dunes, it would force some extreme teamwork.

Actually sand + AEG's may be a bad idea :(

Basically you want varied terrain, woodland, Buildings, scrub etc. Anything that gives variation is good as long as you don't allow lines of sight further than people can realistically shoot. Then you want some interesting challenges, bridges to cross/capture/hold, bunkers/forts etc to attack, buildings to clear.

ideally, variation. like a small town sort surrounded by forest with bunkers through it with trenches etc. if you wanted really expensive then underground tunnels connecting bunkers to buildings, craters etc. modular walls in the town so the buildings can be changed a bit, and having some worn out furnishings so that its not just random empty rooms. also roads etc for tanks apcs to be usable, roofs accessible(and yet safe) guard towers. maby designed on the lines of an abandoned nazi town/refuelling station/outpost/prison camp sort of thing. smart planting so that parts of the site will change naturally in the seasons with undergrowth etc. well drained site though so that in bad weather the site dosent get churned up too much and the town bit being good enough tht it alone can be used in really bad weather. megaphones/speaker system all round the site so you have the option to play music, final whistle, battle effects etc. smoke machines for effects all over the site. burned out veichles including ex war ones etc certain amounts of lighting for night games(lights protected so they dont get shot out bud can be turned off?). themed buildings (such as bar, church, bank, police station etc) for improving theme of games etc. and maby for the marshals you know like the wee huts they have for guards that you can stand in and nothing more. some of those in key locations around the site that arnt in the way but allow them to view high trafficked areas(also keeps them out of your shot as well as making their job a bit more comfortable. maby depending on site accessibility (as far as how far from safe zone) a centrally located shop(in the village) for those so wishing to get bbs and drinks in between games(maby a form of voucher system so they dont have to carry cash on play areas?

edit;

oh and while your at it to be perfect, how about parts designed like certain buildings/areas from history/ games( western style bar swing doors. or i rember form one f the original medal of honour games a night club thing with big vertical light signs which a sniper hid behind... fallout new Vegas styled town could be good...

I am in talks with someone about using his CQB site for airsoft. It has three warehouses which the first is the safe area, proper toilets and a seating area with viewing windows, the second warehouse is the "village" area where the buildings are more spread apart and even has a sniper tower! This leads onto the third warehouse and has multiple doors to go through into a network of corridors, windows and rooms with doors that can be breached as well. Night games can be played just by turning the lights out during the day. It's not a big site so players would probably have to book in first to limit numbers but it is indoors 100%. There is plenty of land outside which I looked at as a possibility to use and incorporate into a game during the summer.

• Supporters

I think an old, large ship would be a lot of fun, lots of small stairways, little rooms and hiding holes inside. Plus plenty of scope for longer shots out on decks.

Brilliant! Bagsy Kaiser Soze :P;)

I would go with a small country village with farms and woodland around the outside

Yeh dense woodland with a few clearings, bordering a industrial area containing outbuildings with indoor CQB opportunities.

Basically my work.....if this company ever went under it would be the ultimate site.

• Supporters

^^Got any matches...?

I would go with a small country, villages with farms and woodland around the outside

There, that's better.

Belgium.

Exactly.

My school would make and ideal site. It has long corridors and like 200 rooms of varied sizes. And in the dark...... I'm starting to drewl over the thought of it

Any site with a variety of indoor and outdoor skirmishing, and interesting features like trenches, tunnels, bunkers and other buildings of military purpose, as well as 'civilian' buildings like - as others have said - schools, a church, a pub/bar, offices homes etc. A couple of streams and some woodland would be nice too. And the occasional paved road or even a stretch of abandoned railway tracks could be cool. Maybe a mockup or ex-service train car for specific scenarios? If we're really getting into fantasy-land.

Other nice stuff to have would be some nice and interesting bits of kit for objectives, it being easy to get to, flushing bogs that aren't infested with spiders or other creepy-crawlies, and have hot running water to clean yourself off with. A safe-zone under cover and that's warm, a decent shop on site, paved parking areas, hot food and somewhere to sit and chat is nice too.

Something like Berget but in the UK. I'd stop going weekend skirmishing all together and be happy with a few weekenders/ long weekends a year to be fair if they were like that.

Archived