Bringing a RIF back fronm guernsey

dazzer306
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Am off on a short break to guernsey in April and I am going to pay a vist to the NoVatCombat store there, in hope of buying a new gun, I am up to date with my UKARA so no prob there,now if I buy said gun will I have any problems bringing it back from there, not flying traveling by boat taking car over too.

Any help on this be great so I can get a heads up on what to expect if I try to bring back etc

Guernsey is a part of the UK, so providing its in the original packing and you have the receipt, surely its just another impulsive airsofter taking their new RIF home ?

Note that you are liable for the VAT as soon as you bring a purchase back into England, as Guernsey is considered an EU special territory by HMRC. They changed this in 2012.

So I suppose legally speaking, you should declare it to a customs officer.

I had a look at their website and they have a limited range that doesn't seem that cheap.

When me and my family take the boat over to france every year for our holiday, the police never even peak inside you car (except your fuel). You could get an RPG over before customs noticed anything. I'd say you'd be fine

I went over to france by coach a couple of years ago. The border police didn't even enter the vehicle, we could have had explosives on board and they wouldn't have known.

Dont assume that because they appear to take little notice that its an open border.

Its impractical to search every car and a greater reliance is made on intelligence led security and technology.

Dont confuse low profile with disinterest.

Looking at their website, they said something about they pay the VAT for you.

Does this mean that it has VAT paid status when it leaves the shop and you get a VAT receipt in which case its no problem. The site said something along the lines of we pay the VAT for you which is another word for discounting. This might explain the quite high pricing.

• Supporters

Sounds like a ball ache compared to taiwangun.com or gunfire.pl from whom you definitely don't have to pay any VAT or Duty and you can get free shipping from tg too.

Archived