Airsoft Virgin

s1chris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

I and two other friends are in the planning stages of taking up airsoft. For a change not jumping into something head first and doing the homework first! Were all based in Coventry and are looking at going along to Fireball Squadron to cut our teeth at a woodland skirmish.

Never fired airsoft before but currently own a .22 rifle that now days see's little use due to restrictions on use and laws etc. Fired an L98 a few times back in my cadet days (many years ago). So time to get dressed up and play it tactical with airsoft I think.

Been reading the beginners guides on here so hopefully not to many noob type questions to be asked.

Cheers Chris

Thanks all.

I have resisted spending so far and I am determined to make it to March before starting to shell out on the first load out. Which is quite amazing considering my other hobby ( collecting ww2 aircraft relics and general ww2 air war related equipment and uniforms) I can't go more than two weeks with out buying something!

Planning ahead between the three of us that will participate, we have decided upon a variety of UKSF load outs. Not very original but it's primarily what the three of us are intersted in. Also as most of you know, within reason gives scope for a massive variety of different load outs.

My one question is - are we right in thinking That when we turn up to a site that this really is a tactical type game (which we want) or will it be full of loons jumpin around like its a game of laser quest?

Cheers Chris

• Supporters

My one question is - are we right in thinking That when we turn up to a site that this really is a tactical type game (which we want) or will it be full of loons jumpin around like its a game of laser quest?

Cheers Chris

Yes, sometimes you get some loons jumping about like idiots, but only up until they get shot a few times.

That said, our war cry last time out was "Wooooop, woop, woop woop!" in the style of Dr Zoidberg from Futurama.....

I guess it depends on the type of site, the punters on the day and how many kids there are. Try it and see. If you don't like the vibe at that site, try another day or another site.

Thanks all.

I have resisted spending so far and I am determined to make it to March before starting to shell out on the first load out. Which is quite amazing considering my other hobby ( collecting ww2 aircraft relics and general ww2 air war related equipment and uniforms) I can't go more than two weeks with out buying something!

Planning ahead between the three of us that will participate, we have decided upon a variety of UKSF load outs. Not very original but it's primarily what the three of us are intersted in. Also as most of you know, within reason gives scope for a massive variety of different load outs.

Cheers Chris

Had you considered WW2 airsoft? If you have some uniforms etc already it would save on the gear you need and you would get a more tactical game rather than loons jumping around. Nothing stopping you doing normal airsoft as well. Just thought you might not be aware that WW2 airsoft is an option.

http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/ may be of interest.

Yeah I had come across ww2 airsoft and that is a definite for the future but the other two guys I'll be playing with won't be up for ww2 based airsoft. Not a chance i'd wear any of the tunics etc, there my "museum" pieces and besides given that most airmen were around 18yrs old sizing is a massive problem for a guy my size. Looking at them really does put into prospective just how young those guys were. It would be done using reproduction gear for sure.

Well it's worth noting that the Gunman WW2 airsoft events will have uniforms and guns for hire if you wanted to try WW2 airsoft. Theres also nothing stopping you playing with your friends in WW2 gear (they may pretend not to know you though) :D

Hello all,

I and two other friends are in the planning stages of taking up airsoft. For a change not jumping into something head first and doing the homework first! Were all based in Coventry and are looking at going along to Fireball Squadron to cut our teeth at a woodland skirmish.

Never fired airsoft before but currently own a .22 rifle that now days see's little use due to restrictions on use and laws etc. Fired an L98 a few times back in my cadet days (many years ago). So time to get dressed up and play it tactical with airsoft I think.

Been reading the beginners guides on here so hopefully not to many noob type questions to be asked.

Cheers Chris

*.22 air rifle, people might think it's a .22lr :P (nothing to be ashamed of btw, I only own airsoft, air and co2 guns myself)

shame your WWII stuff is all collectors items, else you'd only need a RIF/IF and you'd be ready to go. But I understand that, used to play bike polo, NEVER with my main bike thou.

Ian_Gere and M_P both have excellent beginners guides you should read, and browse the law section as well is a good idea.

Great thing about WW2 airsoft is you get the re-enactor defence too :D

Yes, Two_Zero I'm bad, .22 Air Rfile. Don't worry though at the age of 30 I'm way past being ashamed of trivial stuff lol

Consider all guides read, and will re-read before any purchase/partaking takes place.

Cool site all 👍

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, Chris :) You sound like a sensible bloke. Savour this time fully, so that you can look back on it and remember it well, because starting two months after you first skirmish your wallet is going to take such a spanking... on a regular basis too.

Great thing about WW2 airsoft is you get the re-enactor defence too :D

shame not too many retailer will accept it thou... :/

thou I only think he said he collected, not re-enacted?

Archived