Yank here

rangingbata
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Welcome to the forums,

it entirely depends on what era of operations your looking at. current operational photos are quite hard to come by and people on other forums just seem to argue and belittle each other. This is a quote from one of said forums dated December 2013

" Current issue kit is either a Paraclete SOHPC or a Crye CPC (if you want the real up to date look) with full Crye Combats, either a Airframe or a Mich 2000 and a Diameco C8SFW or C8CQB.

If you are wanting anything post 2005 then you can also look at the Paraclete RAV, Blackhawk Strike Carrier and Black Hawk recon Harness. Combats have been mostly Crye's with the odd bit of begged/pinched/traded kit with the Americans. "

Hope this helps :)

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/19692-tfb-era-sas-kit/#entry135778

"I am trying to do exactly as the title says, a TFB era SAS kit. At the moment, I think I have everything that I need to know, save two things.

First, was the L96 phased out for the L115A3 by TFB era, and what was the semi-auto DMR rifle of the period? (Non-British designation preferred, but if that's all you know then would still be greatly appreciated.)

Thanks!"

I'm not sure about when the L96 was replaced, the difference between the MoD saying it will do something and actually doing it is a different matter. As for a DMR I know that in 2010 the MoD used G3 with a collapsible stock and a 6 x ACOG in an anti personal weapon when supporting boarding operations and anti-piracy. I have also seen rumors that HK 417's may of been used too.

• Supporters

Join this group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/160615580789156/?fref=ts

The nerdyness and attention to detail many people have will probably be so helpful it starts to annoy you.

Archived