TFB era SAS kit

rangingbata
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am trying to do exactly as the title says, a TFB era SAS kit. At the moment, I think I have everything that I need to know, save two things.

First, was the L96 phased out for the L115A3 by TFB era, and what was the semi-auto DMR rifle of the period? (Non-British designation preferred, but if that's all you know then would still be greatly appreciated.)

Thanks!

The L96 was replaced in 2008 by the L115A3, then you have the L129A1 Sharpshooter (semi-auto DMR) which was introduced in 2010 or the HK417 (sas/sbs only). I would go for the HK as I don't think the SAS use the sharpshooter only standard infantry and I don't think there is an Airsoft version of it yet

If you mean the L85 airsoft guns- Ares, G&G and ICS make AEGs and WE make A GBB one of them and there are reproduction Daniels Defence rails for them, and adaptors to specific manufacturers.

You can buy reproduction Acogs with the mini doctor red dot on top and the correct L85 mount for them as well. There are reproduction LMO1 modules available too.

TFB=Task Force Black=2003ish

I don't think anyone makes airsoft versions of british designated rifles with correct accessories (i.e rails PEQ ACOG)

There isn't a sharpshooter acog which is 6x48 but you won't need that for airsoft a 4x32 would be fine, and I've never seen the real steel used with a PEQ as that's more of a CQB thing that medium range sniper rifle material, but you can get working PEQ's, bipods and foregrips, one of the daniel defence replica rails would do fine to copy the real steel, and the SAS use the HK417 which is available as an airsoft weapon. With a little bit of research you can make most british weapons by modifying other weapons such as m4's to make them look like them ( which i have seen done for the L119A1 as they look very similar as it is just an improved M4), and you can get the entire SA80 family as well as the currently used accessories

TFB as far as I know didn't use any designated marksman rifles as there job was clearing buildings in Iraq so a long range rifle is fairly useless. For a TFB loadout you'll have to go with a L119A1 (Diemaco C8)

The HK417 and L129A1 are both too late to be used with TFB stuff

The L85 is British and it's designated Rifle, 5.56mm, L85A2. I don't really see your point.

As for the L11 and L12 there are no airsoft versions mass produced however you can build an L11 at a large cost. The L12 is a lot more difficult as there are no replicas of the rail system used.

Both can't be completely accurately reproduced as there are no 6x ACOG replicas.

TFB as far as I know didn't use any designated marksman rifles as there job was clearing buildings in Iraq so a long range rifle is fairly useless. For a TFB loadout you'll have to go with a L119A1 (Diemaco C8)

The HK417 and L129A1 are both too late to be used with TFB stuff

TFB used the HK417 in Iraq alongside the G3 SG1, they did more than just room clearance, both of those weapons are mid range as otherwise they had to rely on LMG's and snipers if they came under fire out of range of small arms, the C8 was only effective up to 400m, for the most recognisable TFB look i would make a M4 look like a C8 as the SAS rarely use the L85 on ops if at all and the C8 is the primary weapon

The 417 entered service in 2005 so maybe the later bit of the TFB era.

I was talking about the instantly recognisable TFB loadout. Also TFB was a very specific section of the SAS in Baghdad, the stuff in the country was different kettle of fish.

If you used a HK417 it would be more SFSG than TFB as most of the securing of the perimeters was left to SFSG not the SAS. If you can find a pic of TFB with HK417 I'll happily accept it but in all my research I've never seen one

Maybe they didn't then, I was told the did by SFSG, must have still been using the G3 back then, and SFSG usually used normal issue kit such as L85's so I guess he must have been talking about later on

I think they did but later on so not really the classic TFB type era thats the famous one

From pics SFSG used railed L85 well before they were issue with ACOG or Spectres with PEQ2s, HK417s and Minimis with rails, collapsible stocks and PEQ2s

Again I haven't seen a G3 used in conjunction with TFB in Iraq, they were more Northern Ireland. I think in Baghdad there wasn't that much of a need to engage over 400m for the SAS due to the very urban nature of the operations. If they did thats why the SFSG were there to provide the infantry diversity the SAS don't have

In simple if you want to do a well recognised TFB loadout it has to be a L119A1

Sweet, thanks guys! I am already planning on making a L119A1 (already have that research) and was wondering if there was a DMR rifle to use as well, as I'd like to have a CQB/Field (16 and 10" uppers), a DMR, and a spring sniper.

However, if there is no true era correct rifle then I can skip out on that part.

L119A1a are normally quite expensive so I would see how that goes

It'll probably be better getting the 16" upper and putting a good hop in it

Archived