Let the up-grades begin.

Sco77w
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to airsoft guns and have just taken delivery of my new (to me) TM Hi Capa and need to know what upgrades I should be making first. I chose this model because there seems to be an unlimited range of up-grade parts available for it.

I am quite surprised at the accuracy (at 5m) it's better than I expected from this type of gun (I supposed I always looked at airsoft as toys) but want to get the best out of it I can. It will only be used for practical shooting (steel plates against the clock) not skirmishing, I don't know if this will have any effect on mods I should be looking at or not.

I will eventually get a metal slide and outer barrel but in all honesty these are for more appearance than performance but wondered what sort of benefits I will get from tight bore barrels, replacement hammer kits, hop-up and high flow valves.

Just for the record I don't intend on building an all out open category race gun so won't be looking at fitting optics or a muzzle brake.

Advice on belts, holsters, mag holders etc also welcome.

Fit a tight bore barrel, nineball hop rubber and nineball gas routers to your mags. This will see you right and the gains are very impressive.

All this kit is available from Mike at elite shooting centre.

guess theres no point looking into infinity parts if you dont want an all out race gun.. but you never know... better have a fat wallet for that^^

apart from that, get a belt, dump pouch and some mag pouches, there's kydex ones with a spring inside so you can get the mags out quickly.

I suppose not much you can do about this since you got your gun already: but it might be a good idea to have a gun which fits better in ones hand than then 1911 (ea, all modern tactical pistols for example), this will give you better precision when shooting, especially if you dont intend to buy "race gun"-grips for the gun.

Fit a tight bore barrel, nineball hop rubber and nineball gas routers to your mags. This will see you right and the gains are very impressive.

All this kit is available from Mike at elite shooting centre.

How tight should I go with the barrel. I've see different bores down to 6.1mm. What is it as standard?

guess theres no point looking into infinity parts if you dont want an all out race gun.. but you never know... better have a fat wallet for that^^

apart from that, get a belt, dump pouch and some mag pouches, there's kydex ones with a spring inside so you can get the mags out quickly.

I suppose not much you can do about this since you got your gun already: but it might be a good idea to have a gun which fits better in ones hand than then 1911 (ea, all modern tactical pistols for example), this will give you better precision when shooting, especially if you dont intend to buy "race gun"-grips for the gun.

Your're not joking about the price of the Infinity parts! I was at the Shooting Show yesterday and saw a beautifull 2 tone Infinity frame and slide (not sute if the outer barrel was with it) for £500!!!!! I managed to pick up a magazine for £20 tho.

Money will be getting spent on my "propper" guns first as I use them most weekends. The toy will have to wait.

• Root Admin

The Nineball hopup is a wider type, and will work far more effectively with twist barrels (which you can purchase from Fire Support). Unless you're looking to push that FPS (which you shouldn't in a TM pistol that can immediately take green gas with some incredibly cheap upgrades to your hammer and spring) then a TBB isn't going to make a whole lot of difference without the right rubber.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived