Help, pistol too strong!

Thorpe0809
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys.

Theres probably advice already on here but for the life of me I cannot find it :/ fail.

I recently bought a Dragon Hi Capa 7.0 but annoyingly the FPS rate is considerably too high to use at my regular airsoft sight, I was wondering if there was anyone who had any information in regard to being able to lower the FPS rate so i'm actually able to use it?

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

The only effective thing one can do to lower the FPS without switching valves is to use different gas. Switch down to regular Abbey or the slightly lower Zero One gas and that should do the trick.

That said, out of the box a Marui Hi-Capa will only be shooting ~320fps because of the stringent laws in Japan about airsoft guns and use of duster gas; as springs said, did you check the FPS at the site?

• Root Admin

he's clearly not using a marui hicapa though, if he were he wouldn't be worrying about FPS.

Ignore my mistype. I went on autopilot somewhat and typed 'Marui' - shows what a pathetic fanboy I am when it comes to GBB pistols. I did read the OP however, and I meant it just as a general for all ordinary GBB pistols despite rambling on a bit in the second sentence about Japan.

Also, hello again person I just bought that CB waterbottle pouch off.

marui dont make a hicapa "dragon" either (not that im aware of anyway)

Your best bet is to use weaker gas like proffrink said and maybe heavier bb's.

heavier BBs to lower the FPS will straight away get him a permanent ban from the site he's playing at.

Archived