Camera or Phone 20mm Rail Attachment

Maverick231
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all.

Thanks for your recent advise on all things airsoft.

I have another question, is there a 20mm rail attachment for either my phone (Galexy Note 2) or a mini camera?

Iv seen footage of rail mounted cameras but I cant find alot out there.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think most airsofters use contour HD cameras since they have picatinney mounts available as well as helmet mounted.

I think airsoft ed uses them so he will be able to help you more.

Heres a link http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/Contour_HD_Camera___Accessories-1.html

Yeah people don't use their cameras or phones but a good quality action cam that will cost you around £100 - £130.

From what I've heard, although haven't used either myself, GoPros aren't really worth it (they're much more expensive) whereas Contour HD ROAM cameras have an advantage being they're much smaller and therefore less obtrusive and more lightweight etc when mounting on RIS or your helmet.

Airsoft Ed has two (one on the gun and one as nose cam ;) ) which he uses and produces some great videos on his channel Bullet4MyEnemy (you'll probably have seen it as his signature already)

• Supporters

We ask that you use descriptive titles - it makes searching for things easier.

• Supporters

As others have mentioned, I'd recommend the Contour cameras, they come with a few mounts you could use to fix to a helmet, gun or some eye pro or something.

There are mounts available that you can use to attach your phone or other camera to RIS, but they're very rare, few and far between and more often than not, custom made. I haven't the first clue how to go about finding or buying them either.

Since more traditional cameras aren't really designed with capturing action from the eye of the storm, so to speak, in mind, there isn't much of a market for mounting them to much.
Which is why there's such a thing as GoPros and Contours etc.

They're designed for precisely that, and they do it very well.

You're looking at about £140 - 200 to get the mounts, memory cards and camera sorted though.

I wouldn't bother recording any footage until you've got a lot of games under your belt, even if it's just going to be for your own use at home and you don't intend to share it on YouTube or anything, it's going to be boring to watch unless you know what you're doing.

Thanks for all of your advice, I really do appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

The GoPro is a must in the future but at the min id like a mount for my phone.

Im possibly going to Compound 4 on 2nd March and I wanna film my first Zombie match.

get a cheap phone case, some araldite and anything that attaches to rails (scope mount, torch mount or sling attachment etc)

• Supporters

And bear in mind that phones are not designed to withstand being shot by BB's at 350FPS, so a cheap case alone might not be enough to protect it = some thing to pad it maybe.

Well hopefully the zombies wont have weapons lol.

I only wanna use it to video my zombie game on 2nd March, so a cheap phone case with a 20mm rail attachment, is it best to just glue it or is there a better way of doing it?

Archived