[Complete newbie] A pistol for about £60-80

mrlazio
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm a total newbie in this section but I wanted to ask a quick question. The criminal level in my area has increased recently and just to feel safe I want to purchase one of the ASG pistols to kind of pretend I protect myself. I want it to look like a real metal pistol but nothing too serious (no need for any Desert Eagle and stuff like that). Something similar to glock or USP. Is there any gun that will look real for the price of £60 to £80 and so no one could say it's 'fake'? As I said I'm going to use it in case of a robbery or something because it happens way to often in my area. Need your professional help guys. I don't know which one is better, either gas or electric pistol. Thanks for any response.

• Supporters

Yeah, completely illegal even in 'self defence'.

Also, what happens if the person assaulting/robbing you has a real gun? Not only that, if you're found to be carrying one by the police then you're in BIG trouble.

Short version; DO NOT DO THIS.

If it's just for looks gas or electric wouldn't matter. I wouldn't advise you to use if for what your thinking of as no doubt you could land yourself in big shit if you were to hold someone up (even a thief) with a replica fire arm.

None, as you would be breaking the law.

I think you want to look at something on this website.

http://www.justbbguns.co.uk/categ/518/2-TONE-BB-PISTOLS#.UvJl-fl_sdy

If you're seriously concerned about your safety, invest some money in an alarm system and proper window locks, maybe a few security lights. It'll cost you more than £80, but if its as bad as you're saying that you're fearing you may need to "pull a gun" on someone, its far better.

Please don't pursue this idea and buy an RIF regardless of what we've said, the state of gun politics in this country, airsoft included is already extremely fragile and something like that happening would only give the anti-gun party ammunition (ironic I know) to refuse any possible chance of guns being made easier to obtain or legal, aswell as likely damaging airsoft by making it harder/impossible to obtain RIF's.

Really? An airsoft gun for defence? You sound like an 8 year old kid who cries, rages and throws the controller at the TV screen after dying lots of times in GTA 5 online.

Airsoft won't protect you. If there is a robbery, they are mostly likely to carry a much more dangerous weapon than an airsoft gun, probably even a real gun.

And when people are trying to rob you close up, they won't hesitate to smack you over the head with a crow bar. The most you could do is make a tiny bruise on them with an airsoft gun or none at all if they are wearing heavy clothing.

If at a distance, yes, maybe they'll be scared but robbers are smarter than that, they'll get in close and smack the shit out of you, rendering your airsoft gun and yourself useless.

Set up an alarm system or something, or maybe even a trap.

• Supporters

Just as a point of fact, Friz, it's illegal to set traps for people, even on your own property for self defence against a known threat. I think the offence is called 'Setting a Mantrap' but, as usual, I'm buggered if I can remember what act it appears in.

The OP has got to be winding us up, right? To me s/he seems entirely too familiar with the terminology to be a total noob. Perhaps the avatar is intended to be prophetic? Regardless however, I'm pleased it's remained mostly civil in here, Friz, and on behalf of the moderating/admin team I'd like to say we'll appreciate it remaining so.

To the OP, you are in danger of being told to simply fuck off because what you are suggesting is, to coin a phrase, wrong on so many levels. I recommend you read our UK Law section. Having done so you will no doubt realise that there are a number of deficiencies in the Violent Crimes Reduction Act. We would appreciate you not attempting to engage other forum members in discussions of how exactly to evade the law because, while the law may be an ass in the way in which it goes about trying to achieve its intent and many of us are entirely comfortable sailing close to the wind when it comes to noob airsofters being able to skirmish with Realistic Imitation Firearms, what you are suggesting is exactly the kind of thing the law was intended to criminalise.

So yeah, in the event that you ignore this friendly request, rather than risk having to take sanctions against other forum members for being rude to you, we will most likely start with fairly draconian sanctions against you.

Archived