Winter Loadouts (for BDSM skirmishes)

Ian_Gere
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

$(KGrHqVHJCUFCmuQ88eDBQwlC)IvF!~~60_12.J

Do any of you have snow camouflage? What type and how effective do you think it is? Played against anyone in snow camo? Skirmished in the snow? I have one of those surplus German snow ponchos...

snow-poncho-4.jpg

...which I bought from Patrol Base for a tenner,

but the reality is a lot more creamy white than the ice white the above photo suggests. Not surprising since it's made of some type of linen or cotton. I also have a British Army surplus ice white camo net that's about as big as 2 king size beds side by side...

SNOW-NET.jpg

...although iirc mine doesn't have the net, just the nylon.

I haven't yet managed to skirmish either of them though. There have been a couple of times where snow was on the ground and a skirmish was happening but I was unable to attend due to ill health or being in the wrong part of the country and the one time I was there, fit, bergen packed for snow, 4" or so on the ground, and me raring to go... the bus I needed to catch did not run, inevitably due to the snow. Makes you wonder how it was possible that over a century ago they managed to build the Trans-Siberian Railway, doesn't it!?! Did me anyway, in between wondering about the intelligence and parentage of every employee of First Bus... V^^Vgrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I have a feeling that the German poncho could quickly turn into a really bad idea if the snow is the typical British kind which turns into wet mucky slurry quite quickly, unless it's really cold. It would absorb water far too readily so, even with Goretex underneath, it wouldn't take much wind to create a potentially life threatening wind chill, unless I ran around a lot, defeating the point of wearing the bloody camo! The net is a different story altogether though and I could hide a multitude of fun and shenanigans under even a 1 king size bed sized piece, let alone 2 beds.

I do like the idea of skirmishing in the snow though and I'm hoping for a whiteout on the 16th, which will be my next chance to get my gun off.* And then I came across the Russian snow camouflage in the top picture which looks much better and, like the nylon net, non-absorbant. Here below it looks really good...

$(KGrHqFHJEQFC1Y23KpSBQwlDEPnjg~~60_12.J

...but of course you never can tell from photos.

I couldn't reliably expect to get it before the 16th even if I could afford it, which I can't right now, so it's pretty much relegated to next year. Although I might have to get a set just for the name. The pattern is called "ПЕРВОТРОП" which translates as:

"PERVOTROP"!!!

:lol:

*That is a deliberately silly reference btw, just in case anybody thinks I consider imitating Tom Cruise to be cool.

I've played in the snow but only for a couple of times.

Kills batteries fast so a springer is the best choice (at least it worked well for me).

This is the kit I use now.

988382_10201282944822137_30086196_n.jpg

Also have used an Arctic Avenger look alike from Counter-Strike

hehe

196274_1634508469081_5694893_n.jpg

• Supporters

Yeah, in the top ones, that's the same poncho I have. Can you give us a kit list? The bally looks like a navy anti-flash one, yeah?

• Supporters

nah that's not an anti-flash hood, they're mesh fronted and getting your whole face to show involves stuffing the nosebag under your chin in a really undignified way!

however, if you're after an anti flash hood/gloves Ian, hit me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

hehe. It's not an anti-flash hood.

Just a regular cold weather hood.

Poncho is of german surplus origin, the same as yours I imagine and the boots are surplus from the Italian army.

The white gloves from decathlon. Don't you get cold without gloves?

On the second picture, the trousers are urban and really work well in the snow!

Top is a regular white warm jacket that I spray painted.

it was really fun playing with the second loadout.
Here's a quick video we did at the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anWHGCcPQO8

Archived