DyTac Starter AEG

Baz JJ
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

ive got 2 of them.

Ones a Mk18 M4 and the other is a M4 "Patriot" which is basically a stubby M4

both are great. never had issues with them and a few other guys on my team run with them.

• Supporters

A lot of the people that I know who have them have had issues with them, and had to send them back to the retailer to be fixed- not just the once in some cases too.

Others have had them and not complained, they just seem hit and miss, along the lines of ares as far as I can see it. Good externals, but let down by the internals in some cases- just seems a bit of a gamble, which makes sense a bit given the price.

They say they can take a 11.1 lipo however I have my doubts as to how long it'll actually work with one for, though the warranty is good and honoured from what I've seen.

Personally I'd go for a G&G/ICS/G&P over one, as I have more faith they'd work for a longer amount of time, especially G&Gs.

• Supporters

Early production runs had quite a few problems (like receiver pins just falling out) but they seem to have sorted things out now. The only difference between the Combat Series guns and the more expensive ones is the front end. The Invader/URX etc models all have licensed front end kits which make them more expensive. The internals are the same across the board.

I have heard nothing but bad reviews from people, not including those that are sponsored by the retailer that stocks them.

One guy had one seize after the second pull of the trigger, another one has had it 6 months and it has been "fixed" 8 times. After the last "fix" it chrono'd at 128fps so it was discarded across the range. Not sure if that show how bad the gun is or how bad the servicing was.

I would not touch one. not when you can get better guns for the same sort of money.

• Supporters

Early production runs had quite a few problems (like receiver pins just falling out) but they seem to have sorted things out now. The only difference between the Combat Series guns and the more expensive ones is the front end. The Invader/URX etc models all have licensed front end kits which make them more expensive. The internals are the same across the board.

Unfortunately they're not even licensed, they have the trademarks but they're not that well done.

• Supporters

I have heard nothing but bad reviews from people, not including those that are sponsored by the retailer that stocks them.

One guy had one seize after the second pull of the trigger, another one has had it 6 months and it has been "fixed" 8 times. After the last "fix" it chrono'd at 128fps so it was discarded across the range. Not sure if that show how bad the gun is or how bad the servicing was.

I would not touch one. not when you can get better guns for the same sort of money.

With the greatest of respect I know people that wouldn't give time of day for a G&G. Mate of mine has one that apart from the frame pins has been absolutely faultless since he bought it. It's one of the most accurate AEGs I've ever seen and anyone that has tried it has been very impressed by it.

• Supporters

Unfortunately they're not even licensed, they have the trademarks but they're not that well done.

That's as maybe but that's their justification for the extra cost (which I don't personally think is justified at all).

• Supporters

I don't have a G&G, but I want some: this & this for eg... ;) just to stir the shit, yaknow :lol:

Dont get me wrong i think the G&G are good guns. I just would never have a full plastic gun. (i know they make metal ones too!)

• Supporters

However going back to DyTac, I think my buddy is going to buy one, so we will see how he fares.

Much as I like the guys at Socom, Land Warrior have them cheaper....

• Supporters

Dont get me wrong i think the G&G are good guns. I just would never have a full plastic gun. (i know they make metal ones too!)

Their cheap plastic ones are a bit gash. I have a mate with the nylon reinforced GR24 and that's pretty decent but still not a patch on the top techs!

• Supporters

Ive got four G&G top tech rifles and love them.

However going back to DyTac, I think my buddy is going to buy one, so we will see how he fares.

Tell him not to use an 11.1. Although they say they can use them fine, it's only asking for trouble. If he gets lucky and gets a good one it'll be a decent rifle, though still I'd suggest going for something else rather than gamble money hoping it's not going to be a lemon.

never knew LW sold dytacs..

I've used an 11.1 lipo with mine as well as everyone else i know thats got a Dytac. never had any problems with it

there a good starter gun and possibly later on in the year i will be looking to replace it with a different make / model altogether.

• Supporters

never knew LW sold dytacs..

I've used an 11.1 lipo with mine as well as everyone else i know thats got a Dytac. never had any problems with it

there a good starter gun and possibly later on in the year i will be looking to replace it with a different make / model altogether.

They only recently started selling them. The Invader Recon my mate has runs on an 11.1v LiPo and he's not had any issues either. Much like anything a few lemons can damage a brands reputation, I'm sure even the mighty TM don't have a flawless record!

• Supporters

Of course they don't have, I'm just saying err on the side of caution. its a newish brand and roughly half the people I know with them have had various issues. It could be as simple as a bad batch, or it could be more widespread, seeing as people here have been fine it makes it a safer bet. I'm suggesting if the op does get one then perhaps run it on a lower voltage battery to reduce the chances of breakages especially seeing as they have no mosfet fitted.

• Supporters

What's the Dytac's ROF like with an 11.1V LiPo?

• Supporters

Doh! Really?

27, 30, 35rps, more?

Does anyone know why it doesn't fire full-auto with semi selected? Or does it? Does it come with a sector gear chip fitted?

• Supporters

So hold up a sec... 30-ish rps from a budget gun with no mis-feeding and the cutoff lever still works at 11.1V? This must be some boss design!?!

I'd be skeptical on the 11.1v OOTB claims,hardly any stock guns can survive 11.1v lipos out of the box,unless this Dytac one comes flawlessly shimmed,greased,mosfet included and Angle of engagement corrected. KWA advertised the hell out of their 2gx guns of being 11.1v lipo ready yet no mosfet,AOE correction or shims(Huur pressizin gaerbowcks) on it. All the claims of them living up to 4+ years have all been by people closely affiliated with KWA on their forum.

I'd still do all the mods needed for long life on a 11.1v on the Dytac. If the externals are crap,then I'd just recommend one of the newer JGs that come with a Mosfet,only shimming,greasing and Aoe correction on those.

• Supporters

So hold up a sec... 30-ish rps from a budget gun with no mis-feeding and the cutoff lever still works at 11.1V? This must be some boss design!?!

RoF is nearer 20rps as stock.

Archived