Longer chest rig?

springs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've been looking for a new chest rig for some time. the one i've currently got does fit but just isn't long enough to fit everything on easily. on the from i have 3 double stack m4 mag pouches and above that my pistol. at the moment my pistol grip touches the top of my mags when in the pouch.

Just wondering if there are any specific vests around that are longer and will give me some additional molle space?

• Supporters

Get an oversized Osprey Mk4, it'll be like a dress lol

I keep looking at this one: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/replica-of-interceptor-body-armour-woodland-8fields

400x300_product_media_M51611162-WL(1).jp

I love the look but I can't justify it to myself. It does however have a lot of space .

• Supporters

Do you only feel comfortable with the pistol chest mounted? It's generally a pretty slow draw by comparison to hip/belt or leg mounting, or even just consider buying a vest/PC/chest rig of any description with more PALS space in general to mount the pistol beside the pouches rather than above it, that way you're not obstructing your reloads either.

Seeing what you have right now would help.

Talk to John at J-Tac custom. It will be custom to your needs & not as expensive as you'd expect.

i had a look at my vest on the way out of the house today and quickly counted the Molle rows on the front.

I counted 8 rows which seems to be standard when i've had a look around..

still looking. most of the ones i've found don't come in the colour i'm ideally looking for, which is OD

Talk to John at J-Tac custom. It will be custom to your needs & not as expensive as you'd expect.

.......echo !

co

co ......o .....o !

Archived