Airsoft Laser Engraving Work From £5

CaptainDumbass

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So recently I have been granted unlimited access a laser engraving/ cutting machine. So me being me I grabbed some airsoft bits and spent an entire night sketching designs and ideas to engrave onto my things. Firstly I decided to engrave my username on my Glock slide. After getting used to the software and practicing with the machine, I popped my go pro inside and recorded the entire process and I did it! It’s pretty faint and you can only notice it upon close inspection but I like it. I could have made it stand out a lot more if I wanted to but I am satisfied with how it is. Secondly I sketched up a wolf design I like from a mil spec monkey patch for the hood of my 552 Eotech. I programmed it into the machine, recorded the whole thing again and it looks beautiful. I also engraved Eotech trademarks onto it. But don’t take my word for it, here are the photos:

hcpl.png

j4f8.jpg

I hope to engrave many other airsoft stuff like mags and other attachments!

But what I want to know.

Who would be interested in having nicknames/logos/their own designs/etc engraved onto whatever airsoft item they want (as long as they’re made of high quality material) for a very small price and very fast service?

If you are interested, reply to this thread or pm me and we can negotiate designs, ideas and prices. I am a regular user of the forum so I will respond very fast.

Cheers

• Supporters

I might be interested! What format does the artwork need to be in for your engraver?

I might be interested! What format does the artwork need to be in for your engraver?

That sort of thing isnt a problem. Just send me a sketch/ image you found online/ design/ whatever and i can sort it out no problem.

• Supporters

Cool. Was just that if you needed vector/dxf I can do that.

So I'm going to do a thing that annoys the crap out of me now (when I get asked costs for painting) - how much to have a small round logo of a winged grenade on the slide of an M9A1. Probably about 15mm diameter?

My software already covers all of that mate!

If you are interested, Drop me a pm with the design/ sketch you were thinking of (unless you wanted me to do that for you) and we can negotiate a price :)

just a.thought. doing trade marks.on to.equipment might get you in trouble. also it opens people to selling cheap stuff with trade marks as more expensive. just a thought i had. i think its cool tho. i would def have my name on my glock slide. yours looks bad ass. team logos would be cool on a reciever as well.

Another sideline that you might be interested in which doesn't involve you having to receive peoples weapons is the supply and etching of ejection port covers for M4 variants. The ones Ive seen in the USA are very American in their mottos (you know what I mean).

It would be nice to see some more low key personalised Brit ones like team logos, team names ..

Changing the dust cover/ejection port cover on AR-15

Yeah i've been looking into things like that, they should be pretty simple and cool to do! Im also considering starting Hydrographics for guns and attachments, but for now ill keep it to engraving.

just a.thought. doing trade marks.on to.equipment might get you in trouble. also it opens people to selling cheap stuff with trade marks as more expensive. just a thought i had. i think its cool tho. i would def have my name on my glock slide. yours looks bad ass. team logos would be cool on a reciever as well.

Thats what I was thinking too but arent most airsoft RIFS unlicenced anyway (apart from cybergun, umarex etc), so either way your infringing on copyright.

yer but putting company trade marks on an item means you can pass it off as theirs. just something to be careful of as i could get a cheaper version get you to put HK trade marks and say its like a VFC then sell it for more. its because of the trade marks on the weapon that they arent infringing i think and thats why companys get the licenses to put the trades on

If you do it for other people for money, its a business.

If you are copying trademarks on to kit that is not made by that trader, that is quite likely infringing their copyright.

Be careful especially when promoting that you are doing it on the Internet.

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since i posted on here, ive done alot of work to my Glock and Eotech which i will post up shortly, but here is some of my most recent piece of work:

e10893f7-f7ea-4b29-aa14-282385763539_zps

And here are a few of the many designs i have made, they are *mock ups* i did on cheapo plywood. There are many flaws with the designs and how they were engraved, they took 5 mins to do as a test, usually if i was doing this on an RIF/Attachment i would spend around a day on perfecting it before it gets engraved:

755_zps150e1661.jpg

753_zpsc4d05d93.jpg

757_zpsf23494b5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very cool, I would like to get my receiver marked up with trades and fire selector icons at some point. Have you tried engraving a product that has already been covered in hydrographics, does it crack

the area around the etching?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.