hit takers - the usual suspects.....

clumpyedge
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

my aim wasnt for people to name and shame...

more for example in my exp i find that it ranges from newbies all the way up to the most hardcore of airsofters, but then saying that ive had more days where the new guys are the best sports and its the seasoned players that have more of a NEO complex and think they can dodge a hail of BB's

just wondered what others though i meant no malice in the subject and i certainly wasnt calling anyone out on here.

just out of interest from other players and other sites...

who would you say are the likely suspects or in fact the people you find usually are more inclined to not take hits?

those who shout "TAKE YOUR F***IN HITS YOU F**** B*******DS!!" when they miss and goes full auto.. on a site where offensive language banned due to under 18s playing, full auto is banned due to cqb and that kind of behaviour is banned due to everyone being over 12.

but seriously thou. Those most likely not to take their hits are often the "elite" players, primarily due to them not feeling them due to all the junk they carry secondarily due to it not occurring to them that they can and do get hit by "less superior" players.... maybe such people also think that people will think less of them if they die too often as well..

everyone does mistakes.

those who shout "TAKE YOUR F***IN HITS YOU F**** B*******DS!!" when they miss and goes full auto.. on a site where offensive language banned due to under 18s playing, full auto is banned due to cqb and that kind of behaviour is banned due to everyone being over 12.

but seriously thou. Those most likely not to take their hits are often the "elite" players, primarily due to them not feeling them due to all the junk they carry secondarily due to it not occurring to them that they can and do get hit by "less superior" players.... maybe such people also think that people will think less of them if they die too often as well..

everyone does mistakes.

see this is the sort of response i expected.

i didnt mean to start a flame war or any bitching, was just wondering on other peoples take on this as i had a bit of it this weekend.

• Supporters

I'm pretty sure Moose was having a laugh guys, no flame war here.

I'm just too good to get hit :P

I don't think there are any tell tail signs though, building up a profile just seems risky, people might take it seriously and automatically label people as cheaters before any shots have even been fired, or psychology might take over and make people think they're hitting the labelled person when in actual fact they're not.

I'm working on a video at the minute and there's a point in the footage I'm reviewing when someone cheat calls at me, when there are two marshals next to me and I'm covered in cameras...

The guy was hip firing.

Needless to say, he missed.

of course i was joking! its ED.

he knows im a fan of his videos. people like ed who actually ask marshalls to watch them for hits as they cant tell the difference hits and ricos is something i see rarely.

but yer theres no point in pointing fingers at groups as most people will second guess a hit at some point. if the game is on the line or friendly fire it sucks.

a 50/50 situation sucks to as who actually knows who hit who first people shrug those off if they believe they hit first.

after a few different occasions of witnessing people blowing their lid over non hit takers i guess i was just wondering if there seems to be some sort of demographic of players that seemingly routinely not take hits but then i guess you could put that down to just generalizing as people can see it from all different sides...

point taken

I usually assume that if someone doesn't take a hit, they just didn't feel it.

I on one occasion heard a voice behind me telling me that they had shot me several times, I went home that night and on checking my vest I found and removed some fairly heavy duty foam padding.

Only once have I been certain someone wasn't taking hits, they were crossing a room, hiding behind different cover and I was hidden off to the side with a clear shot the whole time and emptied a whole mag in semi auto and watched hits bounce of him. He eventually spotted me and shot me in the knuckle. Now it's possible he thought he was being hit by ricochets, but as soon as he noticed me, he should have realised. He was part of a team. It wasn't worth making an issue of it, I had killed so many of his side in that game in the same manner that we won that game :D

• Supporters

Being the better man is the way to take it, well done Russ.

• Supporters

I think it is a wide variety, ranging from hires all the way through to people in their full USMC loadouts. I do however think it is really sad that people spend a silly amount on gear and then still feel the need to cheat.

Also come across a few cases of younger players getting really excited doing bomb style objectives and don't take their hits(although my local is full of really honest teenagers for the sake of fairness). Had a game in December where half the defending team went back to the safe zone as it was so bad. I don't appreciate having to be on the receiving end of a lecture either, but I can understand why the marshals choose not to single people out in that sort of situation.

In my view, the people who make a big song and dance about non hit takers are almost as bad. A quiet word is usually enough (as with the guy who was behind me). If its a repeat offender then a word with a marshall. Never the shouting about a whole team being cheaters etc. It just ruins the fun atmosphere for everyone.

I do however think it is really sad that people spend a silly amount on gear and then still feel the need to cheat.

I think its often the same kind of people that think they need a systema with real optic on is that will do anything to win (hence they forked out on that systema).. I mean, what kind of sportmanship is it when say its 20 grown men with coms, bangs, topgear playing against some unequipped kids without coms or team experience?

Just to make it clear, I do not accuse every player with proper equipment. but these guys gives you bad rep!

another thing, make sure bangs are explained at the start of every single game or rentals will, and no one reasonable can blame them, think that they are distraction devices, not frags.

In my view, the people who make a big song and dance about non hit takers are almost as bad. A quiet word is usually enough (as with the guy who was behind me). If its a repeat offender then a word with a marshall. Never the shouting about a whole team being cheaters etc. It just ruins the fun atmosphere for everyone.

This kinda ruined my very first skirmish. Excellent apart from that.

Will type it up in detail some day when I have the energy. but basically, an "elite player", clearly must not have listened to the marshals instructions of the game, as he shot me from a location where he was not allowed to shot from. I was a bit confused as to what to do, being first time and nervous was not confident to call for a marshal. So I decided not to act, just to have a furious & aggressive ******* coming up at me, shouting at me and to the marshal as well as explaining that he had it on film, making it seem like he would do a face'n'shame.

Which would suck, because seeing the film, not having the rules explained. I would indeed like like a cheater. Haven't found it on youtube thou.

• Supporters

I've noticed that players with Ghillie suits usually never call their hits (because they never feel them.)

as he shot me from a location where he was not allowed to shot from.

I've had this happen to me a lot at an old site I used to play. Marshals would tell us that you couldn't go beyond a certain area, yet the regulars would dig in around those prohibited areas, really pissed me off.

• Supporters

I'd have said it was a mix of new players all the way up to (I hate to use the word elite - elite players wouldn't feel the need to cheat) 'elite' players.

It tends to be those with things that match.

It doesn't matter if it's DPM, Multicam, ACU, if top matches bottoms and their webbing/vest then I would have said I've seen more of those people cheating than anyone else. Now obviously, there are more of those players than people who run around in flectarn trousers and a pink tshirt, but I'm convinced it's to do with looks:

Matching gear means you want a particular look. Ordinarily that look is enhanced by being good at the game (not getting hit), so how do you enhance your look? don't take your hits. I'm sure that is the logic behind it.

The other group that tend to cause problems are those with rifles running just on the limit of 350. They tend to have the impression that FPS IS KING when it just isn't - misinformation about that often means they aren't well read on a lot of the sport.

EDIT: another group: those who don't think you're watching. BECAUSE WHAT THE FUCK ELSE AM I POINTING MY MASSIVE SCOPE AT, KNOBEND!? I SAW YOU FLINCH AND MOVE BEHIND THAT TREE!!

• Supporters

Last year I had some bloke accuse me of cheating, I abruptly told him "You weren't firing anything at me." and I pointed out that he left the high cap for his rental gun at the safe zone. I had never seen a man's face glow bright red like his did.

• Supporters

Mmmm, I had the morning of a game at Red1's School almost ruined by a non hit taker and a false accusation of non hit taking.

1) Black hoodie was attempting to pin us in our respawn from a pretty exposed position, it got to the point where we would tap the roof of the respawn shout that we were back in and hose him, get hit, and repeat. He flinched, we watched bb's ricocheting off him especially the top of his head. He seemed to be under the impression that if he was behind the pallet even though his head was poking out the top was immune to our fire. In the end he was pinned behind some pallets cowering as 4 of us hosed him from all angles, think he got the point that we were pissed at him. Problem is when I see non hit taking it mostly just pisses me right off, and I need to take a little while to chill otherwise I'd end up overkilling them if I got the chance.

2) I was accused by another player in a full set of MTP including PC and a tricked out M4 with plenty of Magpul bling, in the next game of not taking hits from him, I was kneeling and had peppered his chest, he had his gun pointed at the floor as he was running towards my position and had reflexively fired still pointing it at the floor. After lots of shouty angry words from him I pointed out the angle of his barrel, all his mates that had been part of the same charge that I had also taken out, laughed at their mate and told him he was being a right pr!ck.

In my experience poor play seems to be everywhere from any one, I know I've had the odd bad day here and there. But if I had to pick a "type" I would suggest people with amazing matching kit that has cost them a fortune but don't necessarily display the skills to back it up, and people that turn up in a black hoodie, adidas trackies, and a pair of brightly coloured trainers. That's only because that's what the guys above wore.

Mind you they would probably describe someone in DPM and an OD plate carrier. ie Me.

There is no 'type'

afternoons are worse for non hit taking in my experience, although I just employ dirty tactics to deal with any non hit takers, a full on burst in the face after some serious sneaking up on my part normally cures them of their indiscretions

I've been to games where one person continually cheats in multiple ways through the entire day. I'd like to see people like that kicked off the site because it's just upsetting. Plus it's in the interest of the site owner as one dikhead can put off 20 people from coming. That's a serious loss of revenue for the sake of one bad apple.

Last year I had some bloke accuse me of cheating, I abruptly told him "You weren't firing anything at me." and I pointed out that he left the high cap for his rental gun at the safe zone. I had never seen a man's face glow bright red like his did.

That's the best story I've ever read! Haha!

Archived