Questions on Li-Po vs Li-Fe etc

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys as I am planning on doing a custom / upgraded CM.030 build with the Li-Po mod it reminded me I would really like to also get a LiPo for my M4 as I hate the crane stock and fiddly nunchuck-style battery!

I'm going to be ordering the AEP from TaiwanGun and they also do clone CTR stocks for ~ £10 so I'd like to get one of those and I was wondering if a 7.4V 1600mAh Li-Po battery would fit in the buffer tube.

If not, which ones could you fit in? I'd like around 1000+ mAh.

Alternatively why not use a Li-Fe battery, they sound like they are just as good as Li-Pos if not better.

Thanks

• Supporters

Personally I would not run a LiPo or LiFe battery with as low as 15C. The whole point of upgrading to a battery which requires a more expensive charger is that you get a noticeable improvement: you need a battery with excess capacity so that in the few milliseconds after the trigger is pressed and the MOSFET (which is all but mandatory if you're serious about getting the best out of your electrics, especially since you can get one which does the job excellently for about £20 and for £25 Active Breaking as well) flips to allow current to flow, the amount of chemical reaction required to provide an initial spike of much higher current than the motor draws once spinning is well within the battery's capability, hence it will not take any longer than necessary to ramp up from 0mA - trigger response will definitely be improved, even though with a 7.4V LiPo you will notice a drop in full-auto ROF compared to an 8.4V Vapex VP NiMh with Deans connectors and the same MOSFET.

• Supporters

Th only problem with li-fe is they only come in afew different shapes as well. A mate of mine runs his 417 on a li-fe and I must admit its awesome on it and you can certainly tell the difference between it being ran on li-po and li-fe...

li-pos I think aren't very good I have a crane stock one and it doesn't make my M4 run to it's full potential and people say get a mosfet to run your li-po but I've done that and trigger contact and rof increased but only for a little while.

the only thing I now use my li-po for is milsims as it lasts a lot longer.

One thing that perhaps Im missing here is concerning ROF.

If we are apeing real steel which usually only has 30 rounds, what sort of ROF do we want ?

I use 7.4V LiPo on all my AEG rifles. Some have MOSFET and some don't. I cant compare with other types because apart from rental guns, its all Ive used, but the ROF is fine for my demand. Firing BBs quicker would only deplete my mags quicker ?

i'm running the LIFEPO without mosfet. it just fitst. but not many space left in my AFV

in my Army L85 and ICS L86 i'm also using LIFEPO 3cell but these have mosfets in the gun.

on all my guns i have XT-60 connectors. just because you have more grip on it than on deans.

also easyer to connect the cabels to the connectors

• Supporters

Yeah, there's high ROF and then there's silly. There's also mental, but let's leave that for another thread :lol:

I think that having the option to fire full-auto cycling a fair bit faster than RS goes some way towards making up for the fact that a RS bullet would go right through a lot of cover which we can get away with using - bushes for eg. But there comes a point where it has to be a liability if you're running midcaps.

Archived