Accuracy help needed

Garfs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I have a slight problem with accuracy

At any sort of range over say 20+ feet all my shots curve to the right

The further they travel the more pronounced the curve is

Any idea what is causing this and how I could rectify??

Thanks in advance

You will find that the following has happened:

1: hop nub: it has moved or is not sat correctly and is off centered to the left, causing it to spin right. Have a look down your barrel from hop unit end and have a look at how the nub is poking down into the barrel.

2: Inner barrel has moved: The inner barrel may have rotated slightly. Again from the gearbox end have a look at the hop unit and see whether or not the hop unit is crooked.

3: you are not shooting correctly. If you do not shoot the gun with it perpendicular to the ground then it will cause the hop to not be straight and the bb will curve left or right dependent upon your stance. (IE fire it gangsta stylee and it will curve straight up :) )

Gives you a few things to look at.

• 4 weeks later...

Right guys

So far I have replaced the barrel (for a mad bull tightbore) the hop up rubber and the bucking

And still the distance and accuracy are appalling

Shots always curl right, but now not much distance it's as if the hop up isn't putting any spin on - but if I turn it on full the shots jam

It's got to be the hop unit surely??????

This might sound odd but when you have the barrel fitted into the hop unit can you see the rubber being moved when you adjust the hop? Easiest way to check is to look through the hop up down the barrel and adjust, if you can see a bulge in the top moving up and down your barrel is fitted correctly . What make and model is the hop up ?

This might sound odd but when you have the barrel fitted into the hop unit can you see the rubber being moved when you adjust the hop? Easiest way to check is to look through the hop up down the barrel and adjust, if you can see a bulge in the top moving up and down your barrel is fitted correctly . What make and model is the hop up ?

Yes mate can see it

It's g&g stock hop up

G&G Hop units are not that bad, so unless there is anything obviously wrong with it I'd stick to using theirs for now. The first thing to get checked is that the inner barrel and hop are sitting correctly. Remove the inner barrel & hop unit from the gun in one piece, then looking down the inner barrel from the muzzle end towards the light, making sure the hop unit is verticle (i.e. the hole the BBs feed into is down) and look at the bump of the hop rubber as it protrudes into the top of the inner barrel. If you are keeping the hop unit verticle then the bump should be dead centre in the top of the image and with the hop off should show either no bump or just a tiny amount. Put pressure on the hop arm to increase the amount of hop and the image should show the bump getting bigger but still exactly in the centre. If it's not dead centre then try twisting the inner barrel in the hop unit very gently clockwise and/or anti-clockwise just a few degrees to see if that makes the bump perfectly level. If it is then you should not get any early right / left deviation in the flight of the BB, although the up / down might still be affected until you set the amount of hop for the weight of BB you are using.

If you have done all that and it still doesn't stop curving early then first try a new hop rubber (the cheapest option) and a new hop nub. If changing all that still doesn't make a difference then try a new hop unit. Here I'd look at seeing if you can borrow one from a mate before shelling out for a new one and if substituting that cures it then you know the G&G hop was at fault.

One other thing to look at is the straightness of the inner barrel. The metal in them isn't the thickest and if there is the slightest curve in the inner barrel then that would send the BBs off in the wrong direction very easily. You can check this by placing the inner barrel, without hop unit or rubber, on either a glass table top or even a decent kitchen worktop. If it is straight then it will roll smoothly. If it's bent then you will see it rising slightly from the surface as you roll it. If bent, replace with new.

Archived