ArmA 3

Del Monty
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I still prefer 2 than 3. There are not enough guns and maps to create a decent online game.

Plus there are still some fantastic British Afghanistan msps on 2.

I still prefer 2 than 3. There are not enough guns and maps to create a decent online game.

Try alduric's arma 3 map pack if you havnt already. It allows you to use most maps from arma 2. Its a little bit buggy but most work pretty good.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170241-A3MP-ArmA-3-Map-Pack

• Supporters

Actually there are hundreds of maps and guns now available for Arma 3 ..

http://www.armaholic.com/

I have some 2000 hours on Steam for Arma 3 and have made maps and missions for it in the not so distant past.

Would love to get an Airsoft team going on Arma .

Actually there are hundreds of maps and guns now available for Arma 3 ..

http://www.armaholic.com/

I have some 2000 hours on Steam for Arma 3 and have made maps and missions for it in the not so distant past.

Would love to get an Airsoft team going on Arma .

holy smokes, Thats 83 days dude lol

• Supporters

holy smokes, Thats 83 days dude lol

I was off work last year due to illness .. Luckily the Alpha was released in March to give me something to do lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I used to be in a clan for Arma 3 but it started to feel like a chore when you'd sign up for a 2 hour game on sunday night then die 15 minutes into the mission because another fireteam weren't covering their sector....

To be honest I'd be more interested in doing some more stand alone squad/SF type stuff as I don't think the full platoon setup works very well - Probably explains why Shacktac don't really bother and why so called realism units have 3rd person on!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Would anybody be interested in doing this still ?

Just general arma 3 gaming ... I have a server up running an Insurgency map currently, I also have a TeamSpeak for voice comms.

Would be fun to play in between airsoft skirmishes. nothing regimental .. just general laid back gaming.

• 6 months later...

I have been playing Arma 3 with a group since it came out, and many of us played Arma 2 and many of them go back to Operation Flashpoint. Basically we run about 21 mods in all for our game including weapons, enemies, medical systems and generally adding more realism. We play a trained game where everyone knows what their sectors are and the key procedures we use for move and fire and key drills. The end result is a group of friends (all over Europe, met via Arma) that has trained in the game a lot, mod it and generally play high quality milsim like games.

Its not for everyone but if you are interested (play on Fridays at 20:00 CET) then send me a PM and we can go from there.

Messing around on Wastelands is about all I do now, nothing quite like leaving a 50BMG jeep out in the open in Athira, brimming to the teeth with explosives and sitting a few hundred metres away with a PCML trained on it ;) The amount of numpties who fall for it is amazing :P

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Add me on steam got arma all set up and ready to go gamertag is streetja

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing with a fairly informal but decent sized for the last month or so. Plenty of shits and giggles but also some nice fun missions. There is no rank structure, you just turn up and play as whatever you like (mission roles depending). They are also constantly adding new shiny mods to their repository. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://straydogstacticalgaming.com

• 10 months later...

If anyone is looking for a British Mil-Sim unit I am part of 4th Infantry Brigade. We got almost a full platoon with a few support elements planned as well. Decent quality missions played as realistically as the game allows.

Www.4thinfantrybrigade.Co.uk

The Okto Eight Milsim group have started using Arma3 as a tool to give airsofters wishing to move into milsimming, a chance to practice team skills like radio communications, basic infantry manoeuvres and teamwork. They operate a server and Teamspeak server periodically which is announced beforehand on their community group.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived