Scopes!

Airsoft_Mr B
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking for an affordable, good quality optic for my M4 (probably only temporarily before it goes on the sniper instead, then I will invest in a T1 or something after that) and the JG BAR-10 rifle I will be buying later which I'll need a nice scope for. As there seems to be a problem with posting links at the moment I can only tell you that there are three on military1st.co.uk I'm interested in and both are made by SMK. They seem pretty good but I'd like to hear your guys opinions and any recommendations.

They range from £20 to £40, but I've also seen scopes on eBay under the Hunting category too which look just as good / if not better quality yet at a good price so I don't know which to pick.

In fact there is the exact same one just like the one I mention below for £40 but it's £23.99, buy-it-now and free delivery, as well as from a UK seller.

If you go onto Sports and Leisure, then Hunting, it's one of the first items you'll see when you scroll down.

The first scope on military1st is an SMK 3-9x40mm scope with an illuminated reticle (£39.99)

The second one is an SMK 3-7x20 scope for £19.99.

Most scopes for airsoft are made by the same Chinese OEM,no major differences between them aside from brand and prices really depend on the brand.

I've had my Strike 3-9x40 illuminated scope since I got my first VSR and it's okay quality. Not super good,loses it's zero far too easily,has a little bit of a parralex but it makes up for it by having excellent eye relief for a cheap scope. Illumination is meh quality,I only got it because it was the only thing AirsoftEire had in stock at the time and it was on sale.It's a tenner more than the SMK one though at 50£,but the non illuminated version is 40£

http://www.military1st.co.uk/11091-strike-systems-scope-3-9x40e.html

http://www.military1st.co.uk/11090-strike-systems-scope-3-9x40.html

It's more or less the same thing as the SMK one you're aiming at(lel) as it's probs the same China OEM.

Have a look here.

The Nikko Stirling ones are a step above the ASG, SMK ect, in terms of optical quality with out breaking the bank.

That's great, I almost certainly wouldn't have gone on that site if you hadn't linked it. Thanks very much.

I'm looking around the £40 Nikko Sterling scopes, if I go for one it'll probably be either the Mountmaster 4x32 AO IR Scope or one of the adjustable magnification ones.

Adjustable ones don't come with illumination but I don't really think that would help as I don't go to any night games or anything, then again I doubt I'll ever really need more than 4x magnification.

Only downside is that they're supplied with Dovetail mounts and not Weaver :(

• Supporters

I recently sold an SMK 2-9x40 for £15

It was fine for our needs. I wouldn't have trusted it on something with twice the range though.

Archived