Tactical universal clip

Teo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So guys. I've had one of these for a while now but my gun has been broken for most of that time. It is basically a hook that attaches into a panel on you molle vest. This means you do not need a sling. So does anyone have any thoughts on this. You can see the hook on my buffer tube and the panel on my jpc.post-8771-0-61425500-1390425565_thumb.jpg

I have seen these and like the idea of these, where did you get it form as I have been looking for them awhile, maybe not looking hard enough :P.

i dont like the idea of a solid bit of metal sticking out the side of my.gun. i would think it would.snag on stuff. i can see why they have done it butt slings work they have worked for a very long time.

It could be handy if you need to pass your gun to someone else, but it doesn't stop you dropping the gun. I prefer a simple 1 point sling. The one time it would be worthwhile is dual wielding, where 2 slings would get tangled but you need to let go of 1 gun to reload.

why would you be duel wielding with rifles?? lol. one point slings are the best. as you cab just let go of it and draw your secondary. whereas the clip you have to either put it on the ground or try to clip it in before.drawing.

You could dual wield MP5's :)

Or if you had a sniper and an SMG, you might not want both on slings.

I have seen these and like the idea of these, where did you get it form as I have been looking for them awhile, maybe not looking hard enough :P.

I got it free on Instagram when they were first starting to make them. I said it would promote it if they sended me one so they did. You can get them on evike for like 80 dollars

I have a few problems with these things.

1. How is that tactical if it does no more than a sling

2. There is nothing stopping it bouncing out apart from gravity

3. Careful where you position it (you may smash out your teeth with the butt stock)

4. Velcro!! REALLY??!?!

5. how is that universal? Don't you have to have an M4 style but stock?

How to improve them

1. Molle attachment, NOT VELCRO

2. 2 part kit, buy the gun adapter separately for different weapon models.

3. Quick release button to remove rifle

I guess my point is that it would make a neat alternative for anyone who currently uses a large holster for an SMG. That is IF you can fit it to an SMG?

I can't see it being that good an alternative to a sling.

• Supporters

I use a sling on my SVD and I've had major problems carrying it and my AKS-74U on slings at the same time. Unfortunately this thing does nothing for me, but TBH even if I thought it might, $80 + P&P + VAT + Courier Handling Charge is way too much to have a go to find out.

Its a good idea which could be useful for dynamic stuff or practical shooting but for combat its no where as useful as a regular sling. It won't stop the gun from becoming detached if the person was hit by an explosion meaning it could potentially turn into a large chunk or shrapnel or just become broken. You also can't sling it onto your back or have it anywhere except for your front (or wherever the clip is). There is also no way the weight could be supported on patrol while still keeping the weapon in a ready position.

So it might be good for practical stuff.. but for combat not as good as a regular sling

Archived