Batteries!!

TomHuytonAirsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

what gun is it for,(so size shape) do you want lipo ?(increases trigger response and speed, burns gun out faster as a result)

and yes batteries are affected by the cold, slows the chemical reaction down, slowing down power reducing battery length etc...

this is the site to look at or so im told....

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/

youll likely want a cranestock battery (or 2 which i find is the best solution if you are unsure of battery life length) something like this... http://www.componentshop.co.uk/9-6v-2200mah-4-5sc-nimh-cranestock-battery.html

look it over whilst the lipo guys give you their reccomendations. also check your connectors as you dont want to get the wrong connections on whatever batteries you order and then have to wait on new connectors/ returns etc... as for chargers, depends on how much you want to spend...

I find it's better to have 2 batteries, rather than 1 big one, if you forget to charge a battery or it develops a fault, its not the end of the world if you have a spare.

never really been a problem for me as our climate aint really cold enough to do too much usually but if its a problem you face you can keep them in your pocket when not in use, keep the stock close to your body when it is in use. if its still a probem, (which in our temps itll be like 5% shorter life span) you can always look at insulating it, but thats gonna only be in sub zero conditions really. 2 batteries gets round this problem though(unless you are playing a full weekend....)

yea or foam but seriously its not really a problem and is something i would only look at when/if it ever comes up

leavin it short if postage is delayed then no? also dont know about your site but ours will charge your batteries in between games if ya ask nicely, and do lend batterys out so long as we return them(but mark yours so they dont get mixed up with rental ones

I'd not worry bout the battery temp too much buddy. Have had a 7.4v 1450 LiPo last me a whole days skirmish with probs enought to last the night game we played straight after too. Unless you are trigger happy (then I'd work on improving ya aim and snap shooting), or your battery is knackard!

Grab yaself a LiPo, they are despite what some folk say far lower maintenance than Nimh cells.

• Supporters

The only problems I've had with guns in the cold has been with the hop - worst was one time at Tac House Spartan it was 'kin freezing in the morning and i think what was happening was that the rubber had gone so un-sticky that I couldn't get a decent airseal or any useful hop effect - turning the hop up and up ended up making it worse as their wasn't enough air pressure to force the BB's past the nub properly.

I think the next battery I'll be buying will be the 9.6V 2200mAh nunchuck (crane stock) battery but I'll look into a 7.2V LiPo, I know you can't let them run out of charge and stuff which is a bit inconvenient since I'd probably forget.

What are your opinions of LiFe batteries? According to component-shop from what I remember they're basically just as good as LiPos but less things to go wrong.

"Arguably this is one of the best battery technologies currently available. These

battery packs have a similar power to weight ratio to lithium-polymer (Lipo) batteries, but are

far more tolerant to over & under charging. In extreme situations where a lipo battery may ignite,

a LiFe battery will most likely just vent some harmless gas.

LiFe batteries have low self discharge & at 9.9V nicely fills the gap between 7.4V & 11.1V lipos.

In many cases a 7.4V lipo just isn’t quite powerful enough, whereas an 11.1V is too much."

may look into getting a Life 9.9 in the future after reading that, my G&G LR300 can't do an 11.1 LiPo as it double feeds but may be able to manage a 9.9

• Supporters

Active breaking MOSFET stops that double fire with 11.1V, PT.

I really like the idea of LiFe's but so far I haven't found them in any shapes I've been able to use, apart from for my G36, for which I have a really expensive battery which I'm kinda welded to now, even though it hasn't worked out as well as I'd hoped - I'm going to sort it out with a BTC Chimera II V3 MOSFET (*gulp*).

Archived