Hello! Noobie introduction and grateful of any advice! :)

Psg1shooter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All!

Just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Kelly, based in the Mids & recently got 'addicted' to airsoft! Play atThe Grange, but looking for other sites/events! I'm looking to improve my shooting skills, anybody know of any firing/shooting ranges? I use JD's (Cannock) at the moment but not the greatest tbh!

My Guns - (please don't judge I am new to all this! ;)

SIG Sauer P226

CM16 R8-L

Look forward to your responses and thanks in advance for any advice/tips it is appreciated!

Kelly :)

Welcome.

I personally think airsoft has improved my real steel shooting....

I use .22 caliber rifles at my school and I find using my AK helps with accuracy.... on the other hand... shooting real steel rifles don't help my airsoft shooting skills because airsoft... is airsoft.... no precise aiming necessary....

I find that shooting straight is the easy bit, not getting shot is the hard part.

As long as you live alone, it's possible to set up a shooting range at home, just make sure the TV and other expensive stuff is out of the line of fire :)

More useful skills are walking without making any noise (practice sneaking up on your mates) and making yourself a smaller target (do some CQB and look at where you have been shot, then work on keeping that part of you tucked in). If you master those, you don't need to shoot straight because you will be shooting from short range at people who don't know you're there.

Archived