Web Based Stockists

Garfs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

I have been browsing the net recently looking at various UK stockists of airsoft weapons and equipment and one thing they all have in common is lack of stock

Is this a common problem for this hobby/sport - or is it just because it's just after Christmas?

Or is there another reason?

• Supporters

It's a problem for this sport/hobby

What you have in South east asia (herein reffered to as china, but Japan, HK and taiwan are also major players) is a whole load of factories making rifles. Some factories make several brands worth of rifles (one factory produces the VFC line and some UMAREX models) The factories are not usually tooled up for a single model for very long, maybe 2 weeks tops? you make all of the modelX then all modelY etc.

These guns are then shipped either internally (in Japan, they look after their own crowd first) or usually to HK - almost all airsoft stock passes through a single street in HK. Buyers from around the world then come and select what they want. By this time the factories are making modelZ with no intention of remanufacturing models M through Y for another year or two, once stock is dried up and the 'shiny new modelA' excitement has died down (takes around 18 months for people to stop being excited)

By the time the rifle gets to the UK/European market It's gone through the manufacturer, sometimes a wholesaler from them, then HKAIRSOFTSTREETAWESOME, then a european buyer, then a distributor and then the retail store.

Lots of links means lots of mix ups and cocking around, which means poor supply (especially to a small market like the UK)

Basically. if you want a specific rifle, buy it.

If it's TM and it's not in stock, contact LWA, Firesupport or (if all else fails) Zero one.

If it's ASG, you're usually in for a 2-3 week wait, depending on stockist

If it's cybergun branded then AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WEE FREENCHIIEZ DO NURT CARE FOR YUU EENGLISH PIG DORGZ.

That's essentially the state of affairs. Not great, but at least we're not Germany.

Ah ok thanks for the heads up

I'm completely new to this so just mooching around and getting a feel for things

Still no idea what gun I'll be going for to start with

Yeah, I have a £50 voucher to spend at Swindon Airsoft. Almost everything on their web site is out of stock. I emailed them asking them to get me some Sten magazines and mentioned their lack of stock. They responded by saying that they did an awesome trade before Xmas and it unfortunately takes 6 weeks between them ordering stock and it arriving as long as it doesn't get stuck at customs.

do you not have a rifle in mind that to you is pretty?

finding somit you like the look of will help you find a brand you can trust. What is your budget for the gun?

Oh yes - and luckily my favorite weapon has always been the M4

So I guess that's pretty lucky as they seem to be the most common

Budget I would say for weapon alone probably £200 - £250 because would want sight, fore grip possibly laser, plus probably have to buy battery and chargers etc

Have been looking at the G&G range - but cannot decide if to go with combat machine range to begin or go for it with a top tech

For your first gun I would suggest a G&G Combat Machine, they are good all round guns and wont break the bank balance if your just starting out.

Just remember that you may need to buy combats/shirt as well as some sort of chest rig/ belt if your carrying mid caps. If you are buying mid caps, then your looking at 25-30 pound for 3 mags from HK.

It all adds up!

• Supporters

I would also recommend the DYTAC Comabt series M4. Land Warrior have the CQB w/RIS models for £175 at the moment. Great little guns!

• Supporters

It doesn't say so on their webby, but uk-airsoft have a lovely LR300 - as usual I can't remember the manufacturer except that it isn't A&K or G&G. I do remember it's £175 :lol:

Archived