oversea member logging in

toothpick-NL
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I'm Toothpick from airsfot team Toothsquad

Born in 1984 and playing airsoft since 2007

Started in Belgium and since a year in my own country The Netherlands.

I have a Amry L85 assault

A ICS L86 LSW

and ARMY L85 AFV.

FPS is here:

AEG 360 fps

Sniper bolt action 500 fps

Sniper AEG singelshot 450 fps

we also wonder how the rules are. we MUST be registrated by a association called NABV. And then we can have our replica's at home and play in the netherlands.

Everone from outside NL have to ask a form by the NABV to travel with replicas and play in NL.

What i forgot to write in the first message is that i have DMP woodland camo (a bit the same as old britisch camo) and i'm saving money to switch to MTP. It looks good and it fits with my replica's

FPS is here:

AEG 360 fps

Sniper bolt action 500 fps

Sniper AEG singelshot 450 fps

we also wonder how the rules are. we MUST be registrated by a association called NABV. And then we can have our replica's at home and play in the netherlands.

Everone from outside NL have to ask a form by the NABV to travel with replicas and play in NL.

What i forgot to write in the first message is that i have DMP woodland camo (a bit the same as old britisch camo) and i'm saving money to switch to MTP. It looks good and it fits with my replica's

NABV is a form of license? Would you have your guns seized or fined if you didn't have this?

We have something similar, ukara. Only this is an agreement as such with retailers. Most retailers won't sell a replica if you're not a ukara member unless you get the gun painted a bright colour. But once the gun is owned it doesn't matter if you're a ukara member or not.

NABV is a association, like a football association. but the only one with recognition from the goverment. other associations have asked for recognition but didn't get it because of a political gameplay between the gov. and NABV

if you buy a new replica in NL you will be registrated. If you buy it outside NL you will not be registrated. most of us buy in asia because its cheaper.

If you sell a replica you may only sell it to outside NL or to a other NABV member

if you're not a NABV member:

- you can not join alone events (only as intro from a NABV member)

- if you have replica's and police knows this you will get arrested and guns seized and destroyed and registrated as "weapon criminal" (after 5 years wou will lose thes status

- if you have replica's you have to store and play outside NL te be legal

to become a NABV memer:

- you have to ask by the gov. for a decleration of good behavor. cat. weapons (if you are registrated for criminal fact you won't get this paper)

- pay €84,- every year

- store your replica's in a closed space with a lock. (a dressing closet with a hanginglock is good enough) I self have a weapon safe because there are expensive toys ;)

NABV is a association, like a football association. but the only one with recognition from the goverment. other associations have asked for recognition but didn't get it because of a political gameplay between the gov. and NABV

if you buy a new replica in NL you will be registrated. If you buy it outside NL you will not be registrated. most of us buy in asia because its cheaper.

If you sell a replica you may only sell it to outside NL or to a other NABV member

if you're not a NABV member:

- you can not join alone events (only as intro from a NABV member)

- if you have replica's and police knows this you will get arrested and guns seized and destroyed and registrated as "weapon criminal" (after 5 years wou will lose thes status

- if you have replica's you have to store and play outside NL te be legal

to become a NABV memer:

- you have to ask by the gov. for a decleration of good behavor. cat. weapons (if you are registrated for criminal fact you won't get this paper)

- pay €84,- every year

- store your replica's in a closed space with a lock. (a dressing closet with a hanginglock is good enough) I self have a weapon safe because there are expensive toys ;)

That's really strict. You get arrested for and a RIF if your not registered!?

• Supporters

Thing is people moan about UKARA and the VCRA respectively, but in the scheme of things it isn't that bad. When I came back to airsoft after a ~10 year break I saw the VCRA legislation and just thought "oh that's a bit inconvenient" - You can argue about how all/parts of the VCRA are not enforceable, but at the end of the day the retailers lobbied for the skirmisher exception in lieu of an outright ban.

Anyway, nice to see people from overseas :)

Archived