Noob with leaky KJW mag, need help!

thatguy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've just got a new KJW G23 GBB (first GBB)

I use abbey predator gas and the first time it was fine, but 2nd time its leaking with a very quiet hissing noise.

is this because ive over filled it or is it leaking :(

Also are there any other makes of G23 mag that fit my KJW that are better than the original KJW mag.

Thanks

Do you know where the leak is? Did you drop or knock the mag on something?

My 1st time out with a gas pistol, I dropped a mag and it developed a leak along the seam at the bottom of the mag. I sealed it with a small amount of 2 part epoxy glue and it's now fine. If you haven't dropped it or done anything wrong, it's faulty so send it back and ask for a replacement. It shouldn't be possible to overfill the gas as it will only fill up to the point where the pressure in the mag is the same as in the can.

No I didn't drop it but I read on the internet somewhere that kjw mag are designed differently to all other gbb mags so if you over fill it, it will leak until normal pressure and this seems to be what's happening and its fixed now, but I don't really know.

Thanks any way

leaking at the bottom?

temporary fix: open it, take out the rubber "ring", soak it in chain lube for the night, put it all together

finish-line-cross-country-wet-chain-lube

Less temporary fix: e-mail kjw for spare rings. they are good at supplying that.

Permanent fix: get rid of it and get something decent. For example KWA PTP if you want to be able to use propane, TM 5.7 if you want a light gun.

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

Zero one shop sells KJW G23 spare mags and I had the exact same probably the O ring needs to be replaced on the value the standard ones are cheap and crack extremely easily I changed my out with a new slightly thicker one and never had a problem again.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.