Anybody ordered from hobby king? possibly scammed!

Silentassasin

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello guys! I have just tried to order a lipo charger from hobby king and I decided to pay via PayPal. I used the link to PayPal on there checkout page. my email was already in the PayPal sign in. I entered my password and completed the purchase. I was then redirected to purchase postage which I decided not to do and clicked off the page. I have no transaction on my PayPal for hobby king is this normal or have a been scammed? thanks joe.

• Supporters

I was then redirected to purchase postage which I decided not to do and clicked off the page.

Chances are that's the cause of your issue.

Changed my password straight away I was worried as the address bar didnt turn green with a padlock! (realised afterwords) I will keep my eye on it cheers!

Changed my password straight away I was worried as the address bar didnt turn green with a padlock! (realised afterwords) I will keep my eye on it cheers!

Firefox>History>Clear Recent History...

Then check "Active Logins" or "Sessions" depending on version.

• Supporters

i have bought from them twice with no probs using paypal in the past.

by sounds of it the purchase was not completed, so you have not been charged (since like you said above, it dosnt appear in your paypal history, though check for similar amounts on the same day to be 100%) as you normally get a "select your postage" page, which then leads to a "click here to complete you transaction page" etc etc You should also get confirmation emails etc.

if in doubt like others have said, clear history and reset password.

• Supporters

Yeah, i've bought from them twice too - the 1st time was a wallet stinger for a ;little gismo that connects my battery charger to my lappy, but the 2nd was well cheap inc shipping for a couple of good LiPos - thing to do is look at where the stock you are ordering is coming from cos it tells you if it's in the UK warehouse already.

They've been fine with customer service too.

Just bear in mind that the Turnigy Accucell 6 charger which Component Shop sell for £34-odd is the exact same machine as the iMax B6 but in a different colour box which Hobby King sell a lot cheaper - CS are also a bit kerching happy with the price of mains power supplies to plug chargers into.

Cs have a balancing 2-3cell lipo charger (own branded) for £13.99 anybody used one? All seems ok with the transaction think it just cancelled! Just being paranoid! Cant be to safe though! Thanks for all the replies!

I use the 2-3 cell lipo charger for small lipo's for my Glock 18C.

Its well built, and works like a charm. I would recommend to anyone!

As with the above comments, if you progress through the site it adds it to your basket, but sits there till you pay for it. Dont worry, its just the way they do it.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to necro this subject but I've ordered a LiFe battery about 8 weeks ago, as of yet nothing has turned up! I've ordered stuff from China before and the speed of service has been anything from 3 days to 6 weeks, this now seems excessive. How much longer shall I wait before contacting paypal?? (I have already contacted Hobbyking and they said that it's shipped, really bloody helpful!)

• Supporters

Usually all my stuff came fine from them. That mean about 20+ orders. But when china suddenly stopped lipos in airmail, it took almost a year for them to send it. The shipping got more expensive and I didn't want to pay more for them for it, then finally they re-sent it through Fiji for some reason and that got lost too. It took many-many emails and at the end some harsh words from me until finally I got what I paid for. They are not helpful and very slow on complaints.

Sorry to necro this subject but I've ordered a LiFe battery about 8 weeks ago, as of yet nothing has turned up! I've ordered stuff from China before and the speed of service has been anything from 3 days to 6 weeks, this now seems excessive. How much longer shall I wait before contacting paypal?? (I have already contacted Hobbyking and they said that it's shipped, really bloody helpful!)

I would of already done it by now.

make sure you select the UK warehouse when ordering, cheaper postage. bought quite a few LIPOs from them (handy for the little ones for AEPs)

Usually all my stuff came fine from them. That mean about 20+ orders. But when china suddenly stopped lipos in airmail, it took almost a year for them to send it. The shipping got more expensive and I didn't want to pay more for them for it, then finally they re-sent it through Fiji for some reason and that got lost too. It took many-many emails and at the end some harsh words from me until finally I got what I paid for. They are not helpful and very slow on complaints.

I think I may just take it up with paypal! The crappy Chin-glish responce I had together with the fact that it's been over infact 12 weeks (i checked) plus I've had stuff that I ordered before arrive! means this is not a feasable site! I thought I did the UK site, maybe not!

HK is great for purchasing batteries!!

You can get a good 3-5 lipos, a charger, lipo bags, lipo alarm and some extra connections for a little under 70. postage is cheap, £5 for next day? Count me in!

The website navigation is awful though. Always purchase from their Items labelled UK Warehouse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.