NEED HELP!

Dillon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

The cheapest option would be an 8.4v NiMh battery and suitable charger. I would say look for something at least 1600mAh preferably more (mine is somewhere north of 2000mAh). That gun should also be capable of running on a 7.4v LiPo battery that will increase your trigger response but will require a charger costing around £50 (don't get a cheap one you'll knacker the battery). Again look for as high a mAh rating as you can a) afford and B) fit in the gun (I have a 2600mAh one that fits fine inside the handguard on an M4A1) as fully discharging a LiPo can damage it.

I would recommend looking at www.componentshop.co.uk for batteries price wise.

youll want numchuck styled ones, mini connectors. for a full day i would take 2 so you have a back up for if it does somehow run low...(cant comment on lipo)

Thanks for all the feed back guys im still not sure what to go with, i already have a charger that i used for a rc car and i am just seeing if it is any good as in not gonna knacker a 8.4v 1600 if i get one of those. Im on a tight budget atm

• Supporters

On a tight budget, get 2 x 8.4V 1600mAh NiMh Vapex VP mini Crane Stock battery packs from Component Shop and a smart trickle charger while you're at it. To keep them in tip top condition you should keep an eye out on fleabay for a battery discharger to get within a few months - they go for no more than about a fiver, but I can promise you that not discharging NiMh batteries at all, just leaving them charged to dissipate their charge does knacker them eventually - one of my Vapex ones is on its way finally and i've pretty much killed a G&P 2300mAh one in less than half the time (maybe a year).

Why buy Vapex though, on a budget? Because you won't have to buy any more for a good long while and you'll really notice the difference in trigger response (it's about the time it takes for the current to ramp up from 0mA to a short peak discharge of 35A or something to get the motor turning - shit batteries take longer for the chemical reaction to get going inside) - two 1600's makes more sense than one 2200, b/c you'll have a spare in case something should go wrong (such as wiring damage which causes a short circuit, because it doesn't take long for that to lead to complete meltdown, but without necessarily fucking your gun up much/at all, or just something bone headed like the battery connector getting caught in a car door and ripped off - truth is stranger than fiction!).

Still, if you're used to charging NiMh batteries for RC toys, you can probably carry on doing so in the way you know - if you need help with how long to charge for, look at the top of the pages on here for "App" and that'll lead to a few helper apps including a charge time calculator. You don't need a smart auto-cutoff charger if you set an alarm or use a timer plug to turn it off after a set time.

Archived