Hi im a newbie at airsoft please help!

Dillon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, im Dillon and i have recently sold my paintball equipment and have started to look around for a airsoft gun including battery charger mags and a chest rig. Just looking for some reccomendations for gear and whether it is worth getting a second hand weapon from here or somewhere like here.

Thanks ahead for your help!

• Supporters

Welcome to the forums, Dillon :)here's my advice.

• Supporters

Yeah, I need to update the guide with Pro Airsoft Supplies url rather than leave it with just Zero One. S'not like we're getting any freebies for favouritism :lol:

But for real badass, forget the knife, buy a sheep and fight with that!

Yeah, I need to update the guide with Pro Airsoft Supplies url rather than leave it with just Zero One. S'not like we're getting any freebies for favouritism :lol:

But for real badass, forget the knife, buy a sheep and fight with that!

If someone showed up at my site with a sheep I wouldn't think they're badass, I'd think they're welsh. The poor sheep...

Aha, was beginning to wonder why CheekyVimto had so much velcro he was trying to hide with patches! :D

Aha, was beginning to wonder why CheekyVimto had so much velcro he was trying to hide with patches! :D

Can't help it if the stuff I buy comes with it already on! I've got a strip across my chest that's stitched onto my vest. Hmm, what to cover it with...

If someone showed up at my site with a sheep I wouldn't think they're badass, I'd think they're welsh. The poor sheep...

if someone turned up with a sheep I'd not think badass, but rather bedlam (badlamb)

Don't be a sheep! Get a knife and show everyone how badass you are!

Or just follow the guide :)

I really need to get me one of those knives...

• Supporters

Don't worry, Dillon, it may seem like people know what they're on about, but it's pretty random bollocks actually - just banter, puns, cringingly bad dad jokes etc... join in, you'll soon be an AF-UK Addict :lol:

Welsh sheep are badass - I lived in the valleys for a while and they used to come down off the hills only on bin day, over the cattle grids meant to keep them out of populated areas, and tear up people's bins for nibbles - worse than urban foxes. We used to hang our bin bags on the railings 6 foot off the ground to keep the bleating bastards of 'em! (this was pre-wheelybin days)

Don't worry, Dillon, it may seem like people know what they're on about, but it's pretty random bollocks actually - just banter, puns, cringingly bad dad jokes etc... join in, you'll soon be an AF-UK Addict :lol:

Welsh sheep are badass - I lived in the valleys for a while and they used to come down off the hills only on bin day, over the cattle grids meant to keep them out of populated areas, and tear up people's bins for nibbles - worse than urban foxes. We used to hang our bin bags on the railings 6 foot off the ground to keep the bleating bastards of 'em! (this was pre-wheelybin days)

Before wheelybins!? How old are you!?

• Supporters

I think only the wind and the stars hold the answer to that question.

Or maybe the 'use by date' from his wrapper.

• Supporters

Let's just say that when Hanuman, the monkey god, was piddling against one of the four pillars of the world, it was me viewing this event from sufficient distance to see that he was actually standing in the palm of the eternal Buddha spirit wee-ing on one of four upraised fingers. Neither history, legend, nor even religion records what I left behind as evidence of my presence, but I tell ye now, the DaVinci Code has bugger all on the involuted extremity of the sequence of clues which lead to the co-ordinates of that geocache...

Let's just say that when Hanuman, the monkey god, was piddling against one of the four pillars of the world, it was me viewing this event from sufficient distance to see that he was actually standing in the palm of the eternal Buddha spirit wee-ing on one of four upraised fingers. Neither history, legend, nor even religion records what I left behind as evidence of my presence, but I tell ye now, the DaVinci Code has bugger all on the involuted extremity of the sequence of clues which lead to the co-ordinates of that geocache...

That's gone waaaay over my head! Haha

• Supporters

That's gone waaaay over my head! Haha

That was what the eternal Buddha spirit said too, but s/he added, "doooooooooooooood".

Being as we were in a nexus of spacetime and pure multi-dynamic morphogenesis, also known as Boddhisatva Soul, the Buddha smiled omnipresently and went on, "Oh aye, when the wheel of dharma reaches this moment, my friend Google will have been..."

Don't be a sheep! Get a knife and show everyone how badass you are!

Or just follow the guide :)

Who needs knives? A guy at Tac House Spartan on Sunday googled a picture of a knife on his phone mid-game, snuck up on somebody and said "Google Knife kill" and the guy took the hit. Gotta love the Op-Tac lot for crazy mellee weapons, the same guy got a kill by shooting somebody with a party popper.......

Who needs knives? A guy at Tac House Spartan on Sunday googled a picture of a knife on his phone mid-game, snuck up on somebody and said "Google Knife kill" and the guy took the hit. Gotta love the Op-Tac lot for crazy mellee weapons, the same guy got a kill by shooting somebody with a party popper.......

Usually just a hand on the shoulder will do :)

• Supporters

Usually just a hand on the shoulder will do :)

Oh no, you've got to have something... it's the same as offering someone cornered the opportunity to surrender or get pyro'd - you've got to have a live pyro. I mean yeah, it amuses me to think that you could con somebody into taking a hit, but it's taking advantage of game mechanics so it's just as bad as using dead men walking as cover or going out of bounds to flank the opposition...

There was a stipulation in this game where knife kills or stealth kills (putting both your hands on somebodies shoulders to simulate breaking their neck) meant instant death and no medic so I'm guessing this guy didn't have a knife and used the next best thing. I thought it was pretty damn clever!

Archived