Opinions on SRC?

Lord_Metile
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some people say they're crap but when I went to my local airsoft store, they recommended the src dragon! What do you think?

They are ideal for new players, they are okay but not really a very long term rifle, if you are just starting get a G&G for the same price and the performance is much better!

I have a few videos on my current SRC AEG on my YouTube channel:

www.youtube.com/TRenforcer

And I also have a review of it here on the forums.

Can you be my friend. My two favourite things is guitar and airsoft!

The Gen3 SRC G36's are supposed to be really good but for anything else you are better getting a G&G.

I'm not saying that the g&g is £190, but its £190.

the thing with airsoft is, the more you spend the better quality of gun/performance lots of people start with a G&G and really dont regret it!

the thing with airsoft is, the more you spend the better quality of gun/performance lots of people start with a G&G and really dont regret it!

You know, this would be fine, if I had £190

• Supporters

My Gen 3 SRC G36KV is good, apart from the stock hop rubber, which was shite. I wouldn't even have one of their M4's in my house, let alone use it on a skirmish field. Where are you looking at £190 G&G Combat Machines? Would the name of the webby have BBguns in the title, by any chance?

• Supporters

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm_16_carbine_combat_machine_.html

£119.99, £35 more than the SRC but twice the gun.

Or, if you're U18/no UKARA/defence (which I suspect you are):

http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/cm16_carbine_transparent.html

£99.99, £15 more than the SRC and it's the same gun as above just see through. Transparent to me is a better option than 2-tone as well since you won't stand out like a baboon's arse in the woods with it.

Your local airsoft shop are ripping you off if they're selling you a combat machine for £190.

Batteries will cost you £15 tops:

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/8-4v-1600mah-2-3a-nimh-mini-battery-pack-3x2-1.html

Charger here:

http://www.componentshop.co.uk/600ma-smart-charger-for-7-2-8-4-9-6v-battery-packs.html

for £120 plus shipping you'll have a gun, battery and charger that'll compete with 90% of the other guns at your site.

Or, for £85 + batteries and a charger you can have a gun that'll struggle to compete with a straw and a good set of lungs.

Your choice!

My Gen 3 SRC G36KV is good, apart from the stock hop rubber, which was shite. I wouldn't even have one of their M4's in my house, let alone use it on a skirmish field. Where are you looking at £190 G&G Combat Machines? Would the name of the webby have BBguns in the title, by any chance?

www.surplusstore.co.uk

Surplusstore's alright, they have pretty decent customer service however you'll need to upload a photocopy of a driver's license or a utility bill, so they can actually send it out.

• Supporters

They're alright for gear, but seriously, does anyone go to them for guns unless they're having an actual 'we need money so we want to get rid of stock sharpish' sale?

Glad you're not another victim of the creeping orange evil though, Met.

I am local to Crawley Surplus Store and they are cracking guys, really helpful and friendly but generally their gun prices just don't compete with a bit of Googling (I "saved" around £80 on my TM MP7 GBB buy buying elsewhere). I did buy my TM G18c from them tho and it was about average in price but has the benefit of being local so if it went wrong I could drop it back to them. They have a good selection of guns though.

I am local to Crawley Surplus Store and they are cracking guys, really helpful and friendly but generally their gun prices just don't compete with a bit of Googling (I "saved" around £80 on my TM MP7 GBB buy buying elsewhere). I did buy my TM G18c from them tho and it was about average in price but has the benefit of being local so if it went wrong I could drop it back to them. They have a good selection of guns though.

I really like the Magpul CM16 they had there. Looked nice, felt nice. May even consider getting it!

Archived