Pistols? Help

MrCheesman94
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I want to buy a new pistol but i dont know what?

There is so many

M1911

M9

Desert Eagle

Glock

Etc

i want to buy a pistol by the 17th Jan but im not sure, what would you guys recommend

• Supporters

Glocks or 1911's are usually popular, cheap to repair and have tons of additions to equip with them, will fit nearly all generic holsters and magazines are cheap to purchase as well.

I liked the sig p226 but when I went to buy it for some reason I preferred the feel of a glock. I know its been a aid already but it really is about what feels right.

If it's your first gun go for a TM. Very reliable!

If you've got small hands like me forget about the M9. Very uncomfortable and large grip, which sucks as its my favourite sidearm

It also depends what you will use it for. I use a MK23 Socom because I can use it for stealthy takedowns at a decent range, a big gun like that is no use as a backup weapon as it's too big to draw quickly. Generally blowback is better for fun value, non blowback is less moving parts to go wrong, better efficiency and quieter.

Revolvers also look cool, but not as easy to load and some only have 6 shots.

• Supporters

Personally I would say the Glock and if you want to make a little more special buy afew upgrades for. Glock all the way.

• Supporters

get one that fits your hand, I had a 5-7 for such a long time that I thought was "the shiz" but as soon as I picked up a glock17 I realised what I'd been missing out on, the grip shape was just perfect and every time I brought it up on aim the sight posts magically aligned themselves!

needless to say I sold the 5-7 and bought a glock.

• Supporters

I want to buy a new pistol but i dont know what?

There is so many

M1911

M9

Desert Eagle

Glock

Etc

i want to buy a pistol by the 17th Jan but im not sure, what would you guys recommend

I have a 1911 and an M9 and I used to have a Desert Eagle.

First off the Deagle is THE most impractical sidearm ever (with the possible exception of the 10" revolvers!). It's big, it doesn't have a huge mag and if you get a decent blowback one it'll be about as accurate as a real one. Plus you'll need big hands for it. And a big holster!

The 1911 is my favourite ever pistol, BUT they're mostly all single action so you'll have to cock it before firing it when you get it out which could be the difference between shooting and getting shot. Also if you get the TM MEU it comes with a lightened trigger meaning you can very easily catch the trigger and shoot someone on your own team in the back if you wear gloves. Or your own leg. Not that I would....that would be silly *ahem*

The M9 is quite chunky so if you have girl/childs hands you may want to look elsewhere, but if you can manage it it's a lovely piece of kit. I've just bought the SOCOM Gear M9A1and it has a great blowback, high capacity magazine and decent accuracy (plus a free Gemtech licenced silencer. Which is nice).

The SIGs are nice guns and if you have particularly diddy mitts you could track down one of the E2 models (which was designed for laydeez but don't let that put you off). When I tried one though I found that the trigger naturally rests quite far forward when it's uncocked so if you have big daddy digits like what I do you may struggle without cocking it first.

In a similar vein you could try the HK45/USP range too. I've never really found Glocks to my taste to be honest but they are very nice to use and a G18 on auto is HILARIOUS fun!

Hope some of that helps.

• Supporters

I can't actually shoot a Glock 17 on target because it's so tiddly. My trigger finger does not actually bend as far right as would be necessary to put the pad on the trigger in a way which I could pull straight back - i think that with practice, sorta like piano players do for bendier fingers, I could, but right now a natural trigger pull favours left and a contorted attempt to do better favours right...

The USP grip fits pretty well, but not so well that an ergonomic addition doesn't make it better, they have a nice surface to. The M9 isn't a bad fit either. It's pretty amazing to me how badly a 1911 fits my hand - I mean it's not a small pistol, but it's just way too thin. I haven't tried one yet but I think a PX4 might fit my hand well and be great for fast draw.

Oops, forgot to add, the state of the badass art = KWA Umarex USP .45 Match GBB System 7 Pistol

TBH, if you have always wanted a revolver, just get a revolver. Pistols are not an essential item of kit, they are just an add on. A 6 shot revolver will do the job of defending you in a tight spot as well as any pistol. I believe the TM ones will take several rounds per chamber so that you get more than 6 rounds. The main reason to have a pistol is that they are cool, if you think a revolver is even cooler then you will be most happy with a revolver.

• 1 month later...

Been asking around a bit.. and I realise this isnt quite in line with the main topic.. but I have a we p226 mk25., very happy with it... despite their wavering reliability. And I know tm mags do not fit. But ive heard other tm internals such as valves and recoil spring can work in a we. Any tips or advice on this... id really like upgrades but dont have the money for a tm

I find that I use my Cyma Glock 18C a hell of a lot more than gas pistols used by others.

If your not bothered about the moving slide and lower fps you should have a look. Taiwangun and Gunfire.pl are selling them for about 50 quid.

Extended mag and full auto is a good laugh.

If you're getting a sidearm, don't go for a revolver. If your primary goes down in the middle of a game, it won't save your life. Generally they only have a 6 shot capacity and the aren't very accurate. For a first sidearm, get something with good gas efficiency and ammo capacity. Leave the six shots for a while until you get experience with being accurate with a standard blowback.

TM revolvers hold 24 shots, I dont see how they're not accurate either? I have a 2.5 inch barrel'd colt python and the accuracy is ace, range suprised me aswell. I've never had a problem hitting people at range and it's saved me in plenty a tight spot when I was in a crawl space or playing DMR.

Yup TM revolvers are good and have enough ammo to do the job, bit of a pain to reload after the 24 shots though.

If you want something cheap then the ASG or HFC MK23 Socoms are worth a look. They're about £50, 28 shots per mag and come with an inner barrel extension inside a silencer which makes them rather accurate. They are non blowback and mostly plastic which is why they're cheap but that just makes them quiet, efficient and easy to maintain. The big downside is they are rather big so hard to draw fast and nearly impossible to find a holster to fit but great to pull one out when someone's showing off their big Desert Eagle :D

The big downside is they are rather big so hard to draw fast and nearly impossible to find a holster to fit

Deagles fit in Viper adjustable holsters (this design) so I'm sure you could fit the ASG- there's a height adjustable loop at the bottom of the holster for securing the muzzle of a pistol, I'm sure it could be modified to fit the ASG's suppressor/barrel extension.

viper holster are crap though, you'll lose mags, if not the entire gun.

Maybe for some but I've never had any issues in over a year of ownership, it's been able to keep a big 'ol desert eagle in it while i've been running about as well. It will stand up to many of the guns you throw at it.

Archived