Googles over glasses

Joshb1612
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I think there are a few threads on this already.

My dad has bi-focals so he has to wear his glasses whilst playing and he finds it difficult too, he's found a pair before he thought fitted perfectly at first but later they wouldn't and he could not adjust them to fit comfortably again. I know a few people on here who are serious airsofters invest in prescription lenses for ballistic glasses but they are really expensive.

Haha I really don't get on well with contact lenses, which is a shame! I've looked into prescription goggles and you're right they are expressive. I recently got a pair of goggles off of eBay which said they were good for people for wear glasses, but clearly that was incorrect. I've seen on other forums people recomending ESS goggles but they seem to be difficult to get in the UK, which is such a pain!

Thanks

Josh

Try a pair of mesh goggles over your specs. This will help with any fogging issue too.

Depends on which goggles you go for. It's a trial and error process i'm afraid.

If you want some Airsoft retailers near you, check out this site for a map of Airsoft retailers.

i ended up going for contacts. Like yourself i don't really get on with them but for one day i'm fine.

I did look at getting goggles which excepted the prescription inserts but ended up with the contacts more down to the availability of it all at the time

Yeah I have thought about contacts! But I did find a company who make lenses that clip into the goggles, haven't found out a price yet, mainly because I need to get my eyes retested before hand! I doubt they'll be too expensive.

Yeah I have thought about contacts! But I did find a company who make lenses that clip into the goggles, haven't found out a price yet, mainly because I need to get my eyes retested before hand! I doubt they'll be too expensive.

I have a pair of tactical glasses with prescription inserts that were done via Ciliary Blue over the internet. This is much cheaper than anyone on the high street. They are OK but due to the shape of the tactical glasses the lenses have to curve more than in a normal frame and vision is not 100%, this is why i'm going back to mesh goggles over my glasses.

Not all of them , but ones like this should, or these. But if you get into a shop they should have these for you to try on to see what fits/suits you better.

I use these over glasses: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/goggles-type-desert-locust-olive-acm

Its a tight fit getting them on over the glasses but they do fit. I also bought a pair with mesh at the same time.

An antifog treatment on your glasses and goggles is always wise, there are various ones available. I personally use a drop of washing up liquid, rub it in until it goes creamy, then polish it off with a dry cloth.

The principle is that as your glasses or goggles mist up, the film of washing up liquid breaks the surface tension so the water doesn't form droplets.

And they sell them in black which is an added bonus :P i messaged the seller on eBay about the infinity goggles, Ima wait for a reply first, but I would much rather clean lenses instead of mesh, but I suppose beggers can't be choosers! That's interesting, I gather you've done a few experiments on anti-fogging! I'll definitely give it a go, thank you!

Archived