A loadout too far

Russe11

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

no Sten mags fit in the Mk3 ammo pouches which are really common. Already got them sorted, they hold 6 mags each. its the backpack that I currently have problems with. There are 2 different sizes, small and large. The small one fits to the webbing with L straps which I have. The large one fits with L straps and blanket straps (which I don't have). I ordered a pack that was cheap hoping it was the small but its the large. Now its going to cost me a massive £6.50 to get the additional straps!

Doh! was just looking for some vintage goggles to modify to go with this build and just found a helmet that would have been much better to make into and airbourne helmet

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Goggles-Vintage-Motorcycle-Cruiser-Scooter/dp/B00GFHQM68/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&qid=1391572429&sr=8-33&keywords=vintage+goggles

41vB2eOqAqL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

Anyway, I think I shall get a set of these for £9 and test em, then see if they can be modified to be safe

31yfp0ZGJ2L.jpg

I'm guessing that goggles designed to protect a motorcyclist from kicked up stones at 70mph might actually stop bb's

• Supporters

^^Dunno about you but the woodwork looks a bit narsty to me. The clincher is down the bottom though (as ever):

81.50m / s (magazine at normal temperature*) 267.39FPS

96.12m / s (magazine during heating*) 315.35FPS
* Google Translate
A heavy full length rifle that performs like a pistol and only takes 11rnds before needing a reload.**
** Ian Translate
If I had to choose I'd go with the Shoot and Scoot (which reminds me, I was talking to Warren from S&S about possible upgrades and he never got back to me).

I found a review, 2 guys bought a pair of Iron airsoft Lee enfields from Evike. After a lot of work on them they got one shooting at between 80 and 360fps and evike sent them another gun as parts were unavailable to get the other working. Weeks later they managed to eventually get 2 out of the 3 working at 400fps.

I think the shoot and scoot may be the safer option, I wonder if they would sell the DIY option without the donor gun parts so you could try and fit a different gun inside it?

The 2 blanket/utility straps are on their way as are the goggles and I have also bought a 2nd battery. I decided to try a 9.6V in the Sten. It has a high ROF with an 8.4V. The ROF with a 9.6V battery is actually scary for me shooting it. You can actually see how far apart the BB's are in flight and I would estimate its 2-3 inches. By the time someone shouts hit, you can have half a mag in the air. I will have to get some heavy BB's so that if I hit ricochets they don't shatter as I feel it is rather dangerous at short range atm. Fortunately I also tested the capacity of the King arms 110 round mags and its closer to 140 rounds, it did seem a bit strange that the capacity was so close to an MP5 midcap when the mags are so much longer.

• Supporters

Well, the Varmint version is a budget solution according to Warren. There probably are other more expensive options. I dread to think :unsure:

Battledress: I have 2 options available.

Denim battledress. This is nearly impossible to find in the UK. Soldier of fortune have it for £50 trousers and £50 tunic or What Price Glory have it for £60 a set plus £20 shipping from the US.

http://www.whatpriceglory.com/shopexd.asp?id=5206&bc=no

Wool battledress. Obviously will look better but is usually more expensive but with Sabre Sales closing down they have flooded Ebay with tunics so I can get one fairly cheap. Trousers are rarer so will have to be reproduction, Epic Militaria seem to be cheapest.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310865664925?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.epicmilitaria.com/product.php/2736/british-army-37-pattern-trousers-ww2-repro

So price wise both options are similar. Then I have to take into account comfort. I am allergic to wool so will have to wear a layer underneath wool trousers, this will make them rather warm in the summer. Denim on the other hand becomes very uncomfortable when wet.

What do I do? I can afford one or the other and need to decide by Thursday.

• Supporters

It's simple, Russ. Wool fuck's you up all the time. Denim merely pisses you off and only when it's wet.

Thx, I think I will go for denim and possibly at some point in the future may try to obtain a set that looks more like wool in moleskin material. With the denims as a template I'm sure I can find someone able to do that for me. Note to self: Must start sucking up to my Mum :D

Utility straps arrived and blanco'd. Eventually got the large pack fitted onto the webbing. It's easy to get the straps in the right place but as you have to take everything off to do any adjustment it was a total pain getting it all to sit right. If I order the denim battledress on Thursday. I should be ready for Battle in 2-3 weeks time :)

Then its just minor details needed: Entrenching tool handle, bayonet and scabbard (shoot and scoot does a rubber bayonet).

May have to get a Brodie Mk2 helmet at some point for other loadouts http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pams-English-Tommy-Helmet/dp/B00168YSKI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ap_2

http://www.target-arms.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/1019?osCsid=212193bddnlpufnp52omoh2jh4

http://www.shootnscoot.co.uk/no-4-spike

I do find myself wanting a Lee Enfield now, no way I can afford it though :(

• Supporters

If you can find someone in HK/China who makes the fabric you want your battle dress made from, these people will make it to order for you - you'll just have to tell them what size the buttons are so they can make the button holes right and sew vintage ones on once it arrives.

My Mum is a Kilt maker so I'm sure she can manage the job, it will just be a case of finding the fabric and persuading her to do it. She will probably jump at the chance to take measurements and accuse me of getting fat tbh :)

I also plan to book in for a ww2 milsim, should be a bit of fun, gunman will hire outfits and weapons if anyone else is interested:

FilmSim events proudly presents...
A secret mission of WW2
Hockwerk 1945 - The Factory
25-27 July
Blue Streak Airsoft – Westcott Venture Park, Aylesbury, Bucks
£85 with £30 deposit via paypal [email protected]

Its 1945 and a secret rocket testing facility in Kassel on the Fulda river has been located and targeted by Allied Intelligence as a high priority. A number of specially trained soldiers have been dropped in and infiltrated the compound ahead of the main assault, however the main force must meet up and secure any intelligence the special units have gathered before they make their main assault.

It’s believed the factory has been used to produce and test the new V3 rocket, which was discovered during a covert mission called ‘Operation Vengeance’ in February at a secret launch in the Black Forest’. Although the war feels like it’s in the last swings of its dance, its unpredictable what lengths the Nazi’s will go to, especially with their backs against the walls.

This is a totally fictional Scenario based on real world facts and is more from the role-play side of WW2 airsoft than the open battles. More info will get added soon as well as the booking thread.

• Supporters

Sounds like she's the woman for the job! Could become a decent sideline for her too. I'll never have enough money to do that event as well as my other airsoft plans. Naturally I'll want to see pics though :lol:

remember when ordering the sizes on Denims are different to the size of Wool battledress.

Denims were designed to be worn over Battledress when doing any kind of dirty work so they are actually bigger than the size would indicate.

WW2 sizings are less generous than modern sizings.

When you order Denims find out from the supplier what the actual measurements of the garment are.

Ordered the denims, plus some soldier95 leather gloves.

I have also booked up for Hockwerk and did a bit of research. The location is an old WW2 bomber base and post war rocket testing facility so could be a lot of fun.

I have been trying to think of the best way to add a sidearm to this loadout. A Browning Hi-power would work or a revolver, I then considered a German gun, after all a British private would not be issued a sidearm, but might loot one. A Luger or P38 would be nice. I cannot obviously afford any of these after the expense of this loadout but a pistol would be very handy in close quarters as the Sten has a handicap with tight corners. I am considering the HFC HG-106 as a possible stop gap measure. It's a small non blowback pistol costing less than £20 with no hopup and is sold on all our favourite 2 tone web sites as a Walther PPK. It's actually a replica of the Walther HSC and I have found some favourable reviews http://ww2aa.proboards.com/thread/4965

It should fit easily in a pocket or ammo pouch and with a paint job and a few modifications should be useable for emergencies.

• Supporters

Actually the HFC HG-106 isn't half as bad as it looks like it will be once you see it f2f. It works with green gas for eg (although I don't hold the can pressed to it for long), but don't let that fool you because it's still a POS - it's just that when u see it close up it looks like it wont last 5mins...

The 'mag' is prone to popping out which spills BB's b/c the spring only latches until it's pushed all the way in and is then loose. This is ameliorable (it's a fucking word NOW) with LX tape. It is pretty low powered too (& GSM only knows how bad it would be with weaker gas), although it is potentially useful as a last ditch weapon at close range, especially if you use 0.12g BB's. But it's a crap shape for any kind of quick draw.

The only unabashedly good thing I have to say about it is that it fits into a Pistola Makarova holster perfectly and stops it looking like wanky cosplay...

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/WWII_Pistols_airsoft.html

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Pistols_SMGs_WE_WE_Browning_Hi_Power_M1935.htm

A couple of sidearm ideas, Russe:

we-p08-small.html

we-colt-1911-rif.html

Not sure if you'll be able to afford 'em but they seemed pretty cheap for WE. Don't know about quality though.

Seems Landwarrior has the Luger cheaper and Redwolf have the Browning cheaper than the 1911. Jeez, here I am trying to be sensible and not spend extra money and you guys just taunt me with links to cool guns :D

The Browning is very tempting, would work with lots of different loadouts.

• Supporters

Brass knuckledusters for authenticity :lol: I dunno if they would still be illegal if made of FIMO with that fine powdered metal pressed into the surface and buffed up - I mean, a non-working facsimile of a banned weapon and all... an RIE - Realistic Imitation Enoch*

*Enoch? Enoch yer fuckin block off.

To be correct you need a Webley or S&W 38/200, the US service revolver, we got loads of them, it was preferred to the Webley.

To be correct you would have no sidearm. Most non-officers would have no pistol. Looted souvenirs would be possible so a Luger hidden in an ammo pouch for example would be an option. By the later war period, special forces and airbourne troops may have had access to the Browning Hi Power. 1911's would have been used by Americans but British and American troops rarely worked together so the possibility of a British airbourne soldier having one is slim, unless some sort of swap was made while on leave. Best options would therefore be a German pistol or a Browning. The Browning is tempting as it covers any British Loadout from 1944 to 2013.

• Supporters

You never hear it talked about but I'll bet that some soldiers carried sawnoff shotguns in their packs. I mean, if you had one, you would, wouldn't you?

http://gunfire.pl/product-eng-1152201530-Goblin-Deuce-green-gas-replica.html

eng_ps_Goblin-Deuce-green-gas-replica-11eng_ps_Goblin-Deuce-green-gas-replica-11eng_ps_Goblin-Deuce-green-gas-replica-11

Saw this the other day, effectively a mini grenade launcher with 12bb's per shell. Not very realistic but how much fun would it be :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.