Hi All - New(ish) Birmingham players + Request for info from veterans

DOM1NATOR1995
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys and girls,

This is just a note to firstly say hello to all of you lovely people out there,

and as somewhere to put up some pictures of my starting guns - all of my first skirmish-able weapons - for all of the players like myself, who are new to the game and thus must use 2-tone, but do not want to settle with a "stock" weapon!

I would also like to open this up to any veteran players who would be willing to point me in the right direction of any advice to give to newbie players who are assuming the role of general rifleman - I currently only have myself and two friends within a squad so I do not have the knowledge or experience to explain to them how to get the most out of their weapons!

- a side note from this, I would also like to request information on any simple, affordable upgrades that can be carried out to improve their weapons, nothing too intense - just enough to ensure they are game-worthy for woodland environments.

Their guns are as follows:
(Basic well m14 - v2 gearbox)
(Basic well M4A1 - a second or third gen gearbox, but in a "lightweight" - Cheap - plastic body)

Please keep in mind that we are ALL beginners so these cheap guns are all of our first weapons so they are no TM originals or ultra-grade kind of things!

[included are a few pictures of my beginner weapons, everything I currently use for either backyard battles or skirmishes]

- Excuse the mess and also excuse anywhere my guns differ from their real-steel counterparts - this is not a problem at my site and they are set up for comfort and performance as oppose to real-world similarities or accuracy, sorry if this offends/irritates anyone!

post-8693-0-70260200-1389229668_thumb.jpg <- My half done RPK (missing a legit stock + receiver)

post-8693-0-25559500-1389229672_thumb.jpg <- Ak74U style rifle

post-8693-0-32659500-1389229675_thumb.jpg <- SVD

post-8693-0-26160000-1389229679_thumb.jpg <- Cheap Gas pistols

post-8693-0-17360300-1389229682_thumb.jpg <- CYMA Deagle AEP (Amazing - accurate, heavy and actually not too awful in terms of power)

Unless you are under 18, you don't have to use a 2 tone weapon after 2 months if you skirmish 3 times. I would suggest renting for a few games rather than spend money on cheap 2 tones. If however you decide to go every week it can work out cheaper to get an £85 2 tone after a couple of weeks, to last until you have UKARA registration. It's not worth the time and money upgrading, instead work out what accesories you need and plan ahead for when you can afford a decent gun. Something like a G&G combat machine will not be too expensive. In the mean time, sort out stuff like a sight, some army surplus gear, boots, face protection etc.

I used a Well MP5SD for a month and a half but now I have UKARA sorted, it is only a spare, for lending to friends and for practicing taking it apart rather than risk my Classic army MP5. The basic Well 2 tone AEG's are good enough for skirmishing, but to even bring it up to the standards of a classic army MP5, Cyma AK, SRC G36 or any G&G combat machine would cost almost the same as buying a new gun.

Read the guides in the new player forum and http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/17294-ians-guide-to-noobism-on-a-tight-budget/

Don't buy anything from justbbguns.co.uk

Rent a few times and work out your play style, ask a few people to try holding their guns and see what will suit you.

Get some cheap clothing and boots from http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk

Maybe buy a cheap molle vest, a red dot sight (if you have a 2 tone gun to put it on), gloves, goggles and facemask

Then start planning what gun to get, ask questions about it and generally obsess about it until you have annoyed everyone you know :)

Save your money and get a decent gun when you can. You wouldn't buy a fiat punto and spend a ton to turn it into a Ferrari would you? Like most things in life, you gets what you pay for. If you can't get your ukara yet you're better off renting until you've got it.

Start by sorting out a good set of eye protection, boots and gloves. Take your time and research whenever you go to buy something, if you get it right you shouldn't have to buy it again. You can always ask questions on here, you'll get an answer fairly quickly

• Supporters

Some good advice there, but it's not always the case that you get what you pay for - there's plenty of airsoft stuff which costs fortunes and is either no better or worse than cheaper kit. There's other stuff which costs loads but is only a little better than economy kit. As above, do the research and ask people on here for their opinion before you shell out more than a tenner...

And welcome to the forums :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Hello and Welcome, There are Several Sites in the Midlands area, The Asylum, The Embassy, Frontier Airsoft, Fireball Squadron , all within an hours drive of Birmingham, if you shoot me a PM I can provide further details for each site, I used to marshal at a few across Warwickshire and the West Mids, so would be happy to help.

Monty,

Archived