Sig552 or G36/33..?

darren1970
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Once my UKARA number is sorted I will be purchasing my first "proper" EAG.

I have a rubbish two-tone Sig552 that I used in the back garden, so I have gotten quite used to the feel of the Sig, however I quite like H+K models, particularly the G36 and G33.

I would appreciate the input of some of you seasoned airsofters into the pro's and con's of these variants.

So far I've been looking at the above models from ICS, Umarex and Classic Army.

Any observation would be gratefully listened to.

• Supporters

How much money do you have for airsoft in general? Like a lot of your disposable income, a bit, hardly any? Because G36 mags and spares / alternative parts are a lot easier to find, new or 2nd hand, so cheaper.

I think a G36 is probably the better rifle for a beginner, they are quite customisable / adaptable (in the long run new RIS, stock etc too)

Generally they are all solid and reliable too, plus as Ian said you can find extras such as magazines easier and cheaper which is great.

If you decide to build an authentic, realistic military loadout in the future and you're still using a G36 variant I would say it's probably easier to recreate something KSK SF / German Army style as opposed to the more limited options I would say you have using a 552. (Either Switzerland or a SWAT really) Personally not into being completely accurate with loadouts myself (although I've still spent way too much trying to make mine look good!) but just a thought.

In conclusion, I really like both guns. Especially the SG552. However, given the G36s advantages I would probably recommend that.

As for what brand, I heard SRC are the best for G36 models?

ICS and CA are good IMO (I'm no expert though)

Should've mentioned this earlier in my comment but my dad owns an Umarex G36C (which I believe is a rebranded, H&K licenced / trademarked JG gun) we don't go to skirmishes as much as we'd like but from the use so far and reviews etc it's a good gun.

Hope this helped. I think I made some bad decisions on my first guns so pick well and enjoy. Remember in airsoft you generally do get what you pay for so buying a more expensive gun from the better manufacturers should pay off with good quality internal and nice externals etc but it might not be in your price range and guns can always have their disadvantages too.

In conclusion, I really like both guns. Especially the SG552. However, given the G36s advantages I would probably recommend that.

As for what brand, I heard SRC are the best for G36 models?

ICS and CA are good IMO (I'm no expert though)

Should've mentioned this earlier in my comment but my dad owns an Umarex G36C (which I believe is a rebranded, H&K licenced / trademarked JG gun) we don't go to skirmishes as much as we'd like but from the use so far and reviews etc it's a good gun.

The umarex ones are S&T nowadays , which is the ARES design. JG lost the Umarex license for the G36 years and years ago.

Not a fan of the ICS as it's not really a G36, just a M4 in a G36's body.

Personally, I think the order goes for performance:

JG < SRC < S&T(Umarex) / WE / ICS < ARES < TM

Archived