Hi Everyone!

BruceHenry
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I have recently been looking at getting into airsoft after realising that theres a sIte near to me.

Initially I was gonna just get a gas blow back sidearm to just blast stuff on my land with a couple of friends but when we found the site we thought why not.

Having some problems working out what to do with regards to getting a few guns. I know about the UKARA and playing 3 games in 2 months but my site says it doesn't want people to play with 2 tone.

I don't want to buy a 2 tone gun to have to buy a RIF a couple months later, especially as I kind of know what guns I'm after. Any advice on where to buy and what to buy. Cheers!

Rent to start with. No point deciding what you want until you have found what your play style is. Have a look at other peoples guns, see if you can hold a few and see what suits you.

Generally a G&G combat machine is what we tend to recommend as a starter gun, Cyma however make some decent AK's, SRC make good G36's as long as you get the latest gearbox and for an MP5 I would suggest a Classic army (only because the G&G combat machine only seems to come with a full stock).

If you want a pistol, have a look at the H&K Mk23 Socom by ASG or HFC, they are cheap (about £50) and are non blowback (the slide doesn't move when you shoot them). They are ridiculously accurate, have a really good range, are almost silent and fewer moving parts means less to go wrong. It is however hard to find a big enough holster for them as they are very big pistols (similar in size to a Desert Eagle but with a silencer which contains an inner barrel extension).

Definitely rent for your first few times. You might not even like the sport?

If you do get the bug use the money to buy a decent rig or maybe a few BFGs? Get yourself decent boots and eye protection too.

• Supporters

Have a read of this, Bruce.

And welcome to the forums :)

Archived