Bigger battery

Armyjoe127
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It should be able to take a 9.6v NiHM without modification, or even a 7.4v Lipo. Upping the mAh rating will give you longer duration, but that will depend mostly on whether the battery is stored in a full stock, crane stock or in the front hand-guard. If you are stuck on space then a Lipo will give you the increase you need in the smallest size.

If you are going to increase the capacity rather than the voltage, make sure it will fit. 1600mAH Is a reasonable capacity allready.

LiPO mighti be worth a try as these tend to be physically smaller for their capacity. I use a 7.2V 1450mAH one - it is very small and lasts me all day.

It should be able to take a 9.6v NiHM without modification, or even a 7.4v Lipo

Warning / correction ! ... The above statement is true, but but but: All the CA Sprotsline models comes with plastic bushings! And thease will ware down over time and in the end result in broken gear teath ! ... So yes you can with no problem use 9.6v nimh or 7.4 lipo .. But the increase will make the gun last shorter! If you only use the 8.4 then i wold say the it should last 2-3 years ... With a 9.6 og 7.4 lipo i would say 1.5 - 2 years .... ( Everyting depending on how often you play ofcourse )

So Yes it can handle bigger battery's but with some limit in life span....

Increasing the voltage will increase Rate of Fire, increasing amp rating (Mah) increase duration (shooting time between charging) ... But lipo's can give more amps to the motor resulting in higher rate of fire also...

My advice: If you don't want to crack it open, then go for a 9.6 volt battery! Then you get better rate of fire ... You don't realy notice the shorter life span..

Optimaly i would (On All sports line models): Change the bushings to metal ones also !!!

I wouldn't worry about the battery capacity, its better to have a spare or 2 than have 1 battery that will last longer

Archived